Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I am so sorry about Brody. He will be with you forever.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Too quiet ... I know the feeling all too well myself (as I'm sure a lot of us do). If you need to talk, we're here. {{hugs}}

·
Registered
87 Posts
God...how I feel for you. The heartache is actually physical. Those of us who have been in your shoes know it's the hardest thing....

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Typing through tears. I'm so sorry, my heart is breaking for you.

It will get easier, I promise. One thing that helped me when we put our first lab down - I went out and bought one of the collage frames and filled it with our favorite pics of Tango. It's still hanging on the wall in the livingroom.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes we plan on doing a collage of sorts as well. once the rain stops we will be builing a little rock circle and planting flowers over him, as well as adding his stepping stone the 3 of us made together

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I am so so sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hey Melis, have you been in touch with Terri / Mama3strikes here? She lost Koko at the same age as Brody not too long ago. It helps sometimes to talk to someone who went through something similar. I mean, I think most of us have been through losing a dog, but not at such a young age. I believe Koko was their first dog, also.
xoxo

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
It's so difficult. There's not a soul here who doesn't understand and who doesn't ache for you.

Wishing you warm memories that last a lifetime.....

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry, yes I remember the quiet and feeling like my heart was breaking in two! ((((HUGS)))) to you - run free sweet Brody:(

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm so very sorry....

and wish I could give you some solace, consolation, and encouragement - yet I myself am still grieving my loss of Auggie; it has gotten easier in some ways but I still cry just about every day....

(((hugs to you and yours)))

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Yes, I remember thinking, for some time after I helped Bess cross The Bridge, that 'this house shrieks silence!'

What helped me, after building a coffin for Bess and burying her, was to write up some of our experiences and share copies of it with some of our friends who knew her.

You can post your tribute to Brody on the Rainbow Bridge section of this forum.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts