Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It didn't dawn on me until recently that Darwin has been displaying the same behaviors over the loss of Tudor as he did for Paddy. And he was just beginning to come out of his first grief!

I didn't notice at first, but then I realized he had begun to lay in all of Paddy's places again, in that sad little boy way he has. When we lost Paddy, Dar would lay in those special places as though he were trying to "absorb" Paddy's spirit somehow.

With the loss of the second "pack member" in his little life, I guess he feels the Paddy zones are safety zones.

It's very tender. It tugs on my heart, but it is tender.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Poor Darwin, he is such a sensitive little soul. He will come around, Nance, after he has done his grieving. Just as you will. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Nance, this is breaking my heart and making me cry.
It must so hard for them, not knowing what happened. For any dog that loses one of their pack. It really does break my heart.

Do you still have any of Tud's clothes around that still has his smell on it? Anything, how about a jacket or a hat that he wore? I betcha that will give him some comfort.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh Nance, this is breaking my heart and making me cry.
It must so hard for them, not knowing what happened. For any dog that loses one of their pack. It really does break my heart.

Do you still have any of Tud's clothes around that still has his smell on it? Anything, how about a jacket or a hat that he wore? I betcha that will give him some comfort.
Oh yes! I can't put Tud's little blankets or couch pillows away, his clogs are where they always lived under the desk in the front room, and his winter coat is draped over the back of the desk chair. Those are MY comforts. I don't know if I'll ever be able to put his coat back in the closet. He really, really liked that coat and he looked good in it. :( :)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
What a gentle little soul he is, I hope those special places gives him some relief from his grief. What about you, how are you doing?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Nance, you leave that coat there as long as you'd like. I still have all of Steve's things. I just can't bear to part with them.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I understand how you feel with giving clothes away. I find comfort in going into her room and put her sweater on for even just to smell her perfume. I guess whatever we do to find comfort in our lives. Morgan was so so gentle around her and there are times when Morgan will just look straight up at the ceiling as if he sees something. Do you ever notice that kind of behavior in your pack???

s

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Awww you are sweet sensitive boy Darwin. I still have some sweaters of my Mom's and its been 10yrs.! Nancy you keep whatever you need for as long as you need it! ((((hugs))) Di

1 - 15 of 15 Posts