Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 4:25pm (haha) and since about 2pm the neighbors behind us have had a fire going in their fire pit. That's fine no problem, I love a good campfire, but about an hour ago a lovely breeze began rolling through. All of our windows are open and their fire smoke is blowing through our windows thereby making my bed, the sofa and anything fabric in our trailer smell of campfire...including ME ::) Apparently I'll need to bring my body splash on the way to dinner or wear a hoodie so I don't smell like Ranger Joe...

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because we were having a part put on our conditioner so we couldn't run it. With the windows closed it was too warm ;)

Now however the part is fixed and the air is on! No more campfire smell for meeee

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Atleast they weren't burning leaves. That is a horrid smell.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'm weird, I guess. I love that campfire smell on a body. I don't mind it in my house. I guess it's because I grew up with it (burning leaves, burning trash in the firepit in the back yard)... mmmmmm.... I just like it. Kind of pungent, kind of smoky... outdoorsy brought indoors. But then, I like the smell of fresh paved asphalt, too. And gasoline.

Yep... I'm weird in that regard. Does my olfactory shop need updating?!?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I LOVE the smell of campfire.

Jinx... I hate it when stupid people toss tires into the burning leaves. At that point, you need a gas mask.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I like the smell of campfires. But burning leaves are insidious. Of course the neighbors might put trash and tires in there for all I know. It gets in the house and is hard to get out(even with the windows and doors closed.)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Yes, once it reaches my house from five houses away it gets stinky. It's not so bad when you are right there.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
My dip sh.. neighbor burns grass . An it smells bad . :mad:

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
We burn all of our leaves and trash at the lake. The past two weekends we have found a dead racoon and a dead possum and both times Ken and the boys threw it in the fire. That is one nasty smell!!!! I am talkin' NASTY!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paddysmom said:
I'm weird, I guess. I love that campfire smell on a body. I don't mind it in my house. I guess it's because I grew up with it (burning leaves, burning trash in the firepit in the back yard)... mmmmmm.... I just like it. Kind of pungent, kind of smoky... outdoorsy brought indoors. But then, I like the smell of fresh paved asphalt, too. And gasoline.

Yep... I'm weird in that regard. Does my olfactory shop need updating?!?
Nah I usually enjoy it, but they must have put something irritating in it because it was burning my eyes!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ohhh nance, now you've got me thinking about odd things that smell good :p

I love the smell of home improvement stores (ie: Home Depot, Lowes) and rain hitting the pavement on a hot summer day...

O

·
0 Posts
CindersMyGirl said:
We burn all of our leaves and trash at the lake. The past two weekends we have found a dead racoon and a dead possum and both times Ken and the boys threw it in the fire. That is one nasty smell!!!! I am talkin' NASTY!
:eek:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Are you guys camping? Because that is what camping is all about campfires. OMG I love that smell!! We had a burn pile going the other day no leaves just wood that had cut down and branches. It smelled so good, I ran and got marshmellows but dh put it out before i could get home. The kids and I were so bummed. :(

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We're kinda sorta camping...we have a trailer at the beach on a permanent site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts