Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Wednesday the gal from Animal Control brings a dog or cat to the TV station. She gives a back ground on them, lets you know if they play well with others and stuff like that. She also gives little tidbits about caring for animals. In the summer she'll remind us all about the dangers of leaving your pet in a parked car, making sure they plenty of water and shade when outdoors....ect.

This morning, she had a black lab. He was so handsome. Looked just like my black lab Beau who lives with my ex-husband. So I'm tying my shoes when I hear the announcer say, "If you'd like to learn more about Beau or any of the other animals available for adoption............." My chin hit the floor and my heart must have skipped a beat. I thought, no ex-hubby wouldn't do that. As soon as I got to work I logged onto their website to make sure. It was not my Beau, it was a Bo who was picked up as a stray. It was such a relief. It's to bad I don't have a fenced in yard and I rent or else Ike would have a new playmate.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
wow.. my heart skipped a beat just reading that, ang.. that would have been intense.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I always watch for chocolate labs that look like my hershey too I had to leave him with my ex I know he was well taken care of but it still worries me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My ex and I left on good terms. I know the boys are well taken care of. I'm afraid of some new girlfriend moving in and not wanting them around. I hope he would call me first, but he IS my ex and one never knows. It was a long drive to work this morning. I worried myself sick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts