Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jazz has improved so much the last copule of weeks only 1 thing at the mo im haveing trouble with Jazz wakes up very early (5-5.30am) if i put a sheet over her pen do you think it will make her sleep longer?

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
It might... another idea is from a trainer friend of mine... since she's consistently getting up at 5:30, set your alarm for 5:25. After a couple of days, set the alarm for 5:45, then 6, moving it back gradually till she's on your schedule. Having the alarm within earshot of the crate will provide her with a sound cue.

Remember though, her bladder is teeny tiny and can't be expected to hold for a full 8 hours.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try that thanks. Jazz is the first Lab i have had and i just cannot believe how wonderful she is !!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Remi did this when we first got him, he's about the same age as your little one too.

We did something similar to what kaytris described because Remi would wake up around 4:00am ready to go and get the day started. We don't get up until 5:30am so you can see where the problem was! :tired: We also make sure that if we don't need to get up early (i.e. our precious weekends) we turn our alarm off...Remi has learned the clock going off means someone will be getting up. He will now sleep until about 6:30-7am on the weekends no problem. We're extremely lucky that at 5 months old he is able to sleep the night through without needing to go potty.

A few things to remember, make sure you take your pup out right before she goes to bed. We usually take Remi out around 10-10:30pm and when he comes in he goes to bed. Also, we try to limit Remi's water intake after say 8pm. If he were to drink right before going to bed there is no question he would wake us up. Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. We are lucky to she goes all night without needed the loo i will try the alarm for the weekends as i do like a lay in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts