Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever made a mistake and taken the wrong med? I am one of these folks who read the bottle before I take it, read all the paper work that goes with it first. So have never made a mistake like that,,,,,,,,,till Saturday.

I had a cut from a box on my left middle finger, it was starting to get a bit red, so I went into te bathroom, got in the cupboard, grapped the brown bottle of Iodine and put some on the cut. It turned the spot purple, and I said something like WTF.

Looked at it and the bottle said "Gentian violet" as I read the lable, found out it was an anti-fungicide.:eek:

Ask Rita why and what the heck it was doing in our cup-board in the bathroom. Well it was for when Lemol had some sort of sores in his mouth. Well after washing it off and putting on Iodine, my finger is still purple today. :D

Well I'll look next time, the dang Iodine was I thought the only little brown bottle in the house with an applicator. I've heard of folks doing worse, but I learned a lesson, I'll even look at the Iodine bottle from now on.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Lemol? I don't think i've ever heard that name before.. how's it pronounced?

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lemol? I don't think i've ever heard that name before.. how's it pronounced?
OK, I'm not good at this, but Lem-oh-l, that was Rita's Dad's name, was somewhat used in the 19th century, but not much in recent years except by the Amish.

His full name is Lemol Oliver, and they all call him Ollie, but I like Lemol better. I told them when he gets bigger I'm gonna buy us both derbys and when we get in trouble, "well Ollie, this is another fine mess you got us into."

He's finally getting so he likes Rowdy, so expect more pictures of them in the future.;)

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Gentian violet is also good for cuts!! It's used a lot in other countries but is not popular here. I use it when I make the ear concoction for the dogs, it's the recipe that's on labby's site. Man does that stuff stain....so be careful when using!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gentian violet is also good for cuts!! It's used a lot in other countries but is not popular here. I use it when I make the ear concoction for the dogs, it's the recipe that's on labby's site. Man does that stuff stain....so be careful when using!
Yeah, I learned, it does stain, between the two the infection is now all gone.;)

BTW I now know what "medicine that was used in the pictures Rita took with Lemol and the blue/purple mouth.

Nathan, you should be using whiskey, sourmash is best.:D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Sometimes I screw up and crush my oxycontin into gin instead of vodka.
I hate that too. You have to drink all the gin, then crush more oxycontin into the vodka. What a hassle!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I had oxycodone after me.. er.. surgery.. god i loved it.. the Tylenol 3s i had previous were awful.

Two thumbs up for the oxy!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I had oxycodone after me.. er.. surgery.. god i loved it.. the Tylenol 3s i had previous were awful.

Two thumbs up for the oxy!
Your not the only one, its one of the most addictive "prescribed" drugs we have out there. As far as the OP I am not obsessive about anything except meds I take or give to my pts., I check and double check, think it was drummed into me in nursing school!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The only thing that I take is birth control, so no, I never get 'em mixed up.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I out psoriasis medicine on my toothbrush instead of toothpaste once. Luckily I caught it before I brushed my teeth. That would have been nasty.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I out psoriasis medicine on my toothbrush instead of toothpaste once. Luckily I caught it before I brushed my teeth. That would have been nasty.
DW#1 did this once w/hemmorhoidal cream.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts