Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the mayor and chancellor to close the NYC schools??? We're expecting 8-12" just by the morning rush and they haven't closed the schools yet, who knows how many inches by the time the storm ends???

Ugh...Will someone please call him!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I received the call that all 4 schools my family deals with in NJ closed by 9pm. I hope NYC keeps all students and teachers safe tomorrow. We have about 2 1/2 inches in Ocean county as of now. Good luck and stay safe

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Stay safe, and don't venture out even if they are too stupid to close the schools. Stay home and play in the snow with the kids and dogs! :D

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
My sup. doesn't cancel school until the last minute. This morning? I got the notification at 5:30. I was already in the shower!

I am assuming you guys canceled. Right? I heard something about up to 12 inches in NYC.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
my husband was in augusta GA last week and the news said there MIGHT be flurries and they closed the schools and reminded the workers at the plant he was at to check the website to see if work might be cancelled or not. and it wasn't even a definite. stay safe.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
We don't get the closure notice til the morning of. Ours are closed here in Nova Scotia today. The kids have been getting 1 snow day a week since Christmas as we have been getting at least one storm a week. last night we had an ice storm and everything is coated in a lovely thick shell of ice. The good news is it will warm up later and hopefully melt.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
we have a good friend who had to fly his ill mom back to Floridia yesterday - and is driving himself home along the eastern seaboard - we tried to tell him NO but he is insistant!

·
Registered
621 Posts
That is funny. I live in South Florida and they cancel school at the drop of a hat for hurricanes. Yes, if the hurricane is going to hit, please cancel school. But they cancel school down here if it looks like it is even going to come remotely close two days later!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
3 schools are closed on tuesday and I have a delayed opening (2 hours). We got about 12 inches of snow. My street has not been plowed but, come on the snow stopped around noon! It is now 9:15 pm! Oh well no fights over the bathroom in the morning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts