Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my best friends just graduated college in December and is moving down to Dallas in a few weeks. Well, Plano, TX to be specific, but same thing.

I am planning on going down there for a week or so at the beginning of July, maybe even for the 4th of July.

I've never been to Texas and I think I'll have a lot of time by myself to just explore while she is at work, so what's there to do?

We already know we want to hit up Billy Bob's (largest Country bar in the world) but that's about it.

TIA!
Justine

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Dealey Plaza. There's a JFK museum on the sixth floor of the Book Depository. I found it **extremely** moving.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
What do you like to do? I've been to Dallas a few times and have many friends from there - if you're looking for something specific, let me know and I"ll find out for you. :) Dallas is a huge city so there's plenty to do there. It has all the standard shopping, night clubs, bars etc, and it has a theme park (Six Flags) and a zoo. I'm in the Austin area, so if you want to come down south a bit, I can show you around here. Austin nightlife is fun with lots of live music - 6th street is an experience. :)

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not a huge party girl and I'm not 21 yet (only a few more months!) so I can't go to a lot of the bars/clubs but I'm not the person that has to go to EVERY museum 4 times either. :)

I'm not too picky. I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time outside in the sunshine. :D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Mostly I just sweat and sprinkle pellets on fire ant beds.....and mow a lot. And when I'm done doing that, I apply creams to my fire ant bites and sunburns.

So fun here.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I love Dallas...but I am also legal...I go clubbing down town and lots of shopping. I love and miss Dallas.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
What do you like to do? I've been to Dallas a few times and have many friends from there - if you're looking for something specific, let me know and I"ll find out for you. :) Dallas is a huge city so there's plenty to do there. It has all the standard shopping, night clubs, bars etc, and it has a theme park (Six Flags) and a zoo. I'm in the Austin area, so if you want to come down south a bit, I can show you around here. Austin nightlife is fun with lots of live music - 6th street is an experience. :)
My sister is in Round Rock - are you anywhere near there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts