Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seriously, whats the point? :noidea: Heard about this on the radio this morning. Its like they've got to find something to top everything else for shock factor. Its just disrespectful IMO.

I don't get how she got away with it either!! Being a busy tourist spot I would have thought there would be few cops around.

DALLAS — A music video that depicts R&B singer and Dallas native Erykah Badu walking and stripping naked on a downtown Dallas street is drawing criticism from officials in her hometown.

The video the Badu ballad "Window Seat" depicts Badu walking in front of the Texas School Book Depository from which President John F. Kennedy was shot fatally in 1963. As she walks, she strips nude and is shot down near where Kennedy was shot.

On her Twitter feed, Badu says the video "was shot guerrilla style, no crew, 1 take, no closed set, no warning, 2 min., downtown dallas, then ran like hell."

City spokesman Frank Librio says her crew never applied for required permits. He says "guerrilla" film crews who "usually shoot these scenes in one take know that if they are discovered they would face arrest and/or penalties."

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Disgraceful. And disrespectful. I've been to Dealey Plaza. It had a hushed, cathedral-like quality to it, as if the ground itself still resonated with the history that took a huge turn there.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disgraceful. And disrespectful. I've been to Dealey Plaza. It had a hushed, cathedral-like quality to it, as if the ground itself still resonated with the history that took a huge turn there.
It is one of the places I really want to visit.

I hope this woman gets fined heavily. IMO she should have to donate the profits of this song/video to a good cause.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's an artist looking to shock. She succeeded. Even getting press on JL!
Here is the thing though. Its not like we havent seen anyone nekked before so thats not really shocking. People before her have walked down the street nekked, infact the first woman to go topless on the underground in England was in the 60's.

My problem is the disrespect she has shown in order to get publicity. It just suggests to me she has hit a low point in her career. Very sad. :tsk:

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
You can't see me, can you? Speaking purely out of curiosity, of course.
Huh? Why? Are you naked? In Dealey Plaza?

...dontanswerthat...

The disregard not only speaks to her low but society's. But I guess when we've seen couples having sex in St Patrick's Cathedral, it's not hard to realize how far we've slid.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I just watched the video. I would have had no idea where that video was taken if not for the article posted so I don't really see what the big deal is. The message at the end seemed to be a good one... although I don't really see how the video and the lyrics of the song relate.

The things artists have to do to get attention (recently Lady Gaga's Telephone)... !

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The things artists have to do to get attention (recently Lady Gaga's Telephone)... !
I agree.

Nothing new though... Madonna was being controversial in the 80's. The difference is a lot of todays artists are no where near as good nor will they be around in 20 years time.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
:biggrin1:

Char has that barbie.....it's pretty cool. She calls it poopie dog barbie. You put the piece in the dogs mouth and pull it's tail up and it comes out as poop. it has a metal core.....so when barbie picke it up with the pooper scooper which has a magnet on the end.....then she steps on the foot thing and the garbage opens, pulls the lever ond the poop falls in the garbage.....where it rolls into the dog food box and it starts over.

I know my barbies.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Well I don't know what she looks like, so I don't know, I would send out a blood sample first though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts