Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're not speaking a language I understand.
Is this a secret code for only the chosen JL.
You'd only understand if you follow NASCAR. ;)

They say he and Truex will run for JR Motorsports next year - Budweiser and Bass Pro Shops will go with them.
According to the story on NASCAR's site, the only thing that has been decided is that Jr is leaving DEI. I had to laugh at the part where he'd consider Hendrick, RCR or Joe Gibbs. Of course he would, they're the Chevy teams that are winning lately. Sorry guys, I'm not a Jr fan.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/05/10/dearnhardtjr.part.ways.dei/index.html

...I don't know what to think about all of this. It does seem quite sad that the son won't be driving for his late father's team.
Sad, yeah, but don't forget, Dale Sr didn't drive for DEI, either.

G

·
Hehehe...

Good translation!

I forgot to go look at a roster of Chevy teams. Hendrick is out. They're at the 4 car limit. Leaves Gibbs and RCR. Then you step down to Ginn, Haas, etc. Doubtful. Can't remember any others.

Truex would only leave if Junior runs two teams out of JR Motorsports. Don't see that happening either.

It's official...silly season has begun. Speed Channel here I come! Anyone wants to fight me for the remote at my house they better come heavily armed... ;D

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BudGirl8 said:
Hehehe...

Good translation!
I spend a lot of time translating NASCAR speak. LOL

I forgot to go look at a roster of Chevy teams. Hendrick is out. They're at the 4 car limit.
I couldn't remember if it was a 4 or 5 car limit.

Then you step down to Ginn, Haas, etc. Doubtful. Can't remember any others.
I think that pretty much covers the Bowtie guys. In the article on the NASCAR site, Jr said Ginn Racing is certain of getting some "face time" with him before a decision is reached. Somehow, I can't see him going to an "underdog" team. I have a feeling he'll be trying real hard to work something out with Childress.

It's official...silly season has begun...
LOL I was thinking the same thing as I was reading the NASCAR site. It seems to start earlier and earlier every year.

G

·
I read that Joe Gibbs might want to put him in the 18. There will be months of speculation and guessing. They call it silly season for good reason.

Dale Jr. handles himself so well with this kind of stuff - press conferences like today. I think it would be great if he ended up at JGR, but RCR would be nice too.

Jr and Happy Harvick as teammates - oh that would be fun to watch!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts