Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you ask the Dalai Lama to leave the White House if you’re trying to keep his visit from becoming too public? Well, judging from the trash bags that he had to walk around, the Obama White House had him exit through a door seldom used by anybody but household staff. It’s where the West Wing meets the main residence.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Saw that on the news. Seemed pretty tacky to me, but safety trumps tacky, ergo...
I WAS amazed that trash bags just sit around like that, though! In dumpsters, maybe, but just... out there?!?

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Saw that. I was kind of hoping it was photo-shopped.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
What's with all the trash just laying about! I understand safety and all- but people come and go all the time without detection, seems pretty tacky to me. I'm like Robin, seriously hope this was photo-shopped

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I heard, not sure if it's true, but the Prez gave him a set of Presidental Cuff Links.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I heard, not sure if it's true, but the Prez gave him a set of Presidental Cuff Links.
Maybe some furlined Crocs would have been a better choice.

It doesn't look like the White House recycles. Where's the little orange recycling bucket?

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Just found this photo on every website from CNN to the WSJ to the Christian Science Monitor. Apparently no photo-shopping.

I think that's amazingly disrespectful to a world leader.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
That particular world leader probably couldn't care less which exit he leaves from. He'll probably crack jokes about it at his next engagement.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
That particular world leader probably couldn't care less which exit he leaves from. He'll probably crack jokes about it at his next engagement.
I have no doubt he will. The fact remains that you don't send world leaders out the back door past the garbage cans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts