Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It went well, the trainer even used Dakota to illustrate a few things..*I* on the other hand was a nervous nilly..left, right..right..left..heel, sit..sit..heel..down..up..Yikes..I needed a drink after the session. LOL
The only bad thing was..Dakota got nutzy right after the class as we were buying some things, a gentle leader for one thing..and pooped..in his endearing way of poop walking..all over the floor..OMG..I wanted to die..but had to clean poop instead. LOL
Looking forward to next week..hopefully, it will be poop free.
Jackie

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
way to go dakota! glad his first day of school went well!

i had to laugh at how he was excited and was poop walking afterwards...esp since i've had to clean up an excitement-in-store-poopie before too! :)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
JackieN said:
*I* on the other hand was a nervous nilly..left, right..right..left..heel, sit..sit..heel..down..up..Yikes..I needed a drink after the session. LOL
I was so nervous at Brigetta's first class too!

I'm glad Dakota's first day went well! Don't worry about the poop incident; it happens! I was always afraid Brigetta would go in class.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PJ..yeah...it was not a good first..or last impression..and boy..was it stinky. LOL Maybe if I cut back on his food it will get a little less stinky. LOL
Jackie :-[

pj said:
way to go dakota! glad his first day of school went well!

i had to laugh at how he was excited and was poop walking afterwards...esp since i've had to clean up an excitement-in-store-poopie before too! :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trainer tells you how to do something..then your brain has to transmit the facts from there to your feet..needless to say..my feet failed me at times..LOL. We were doing a heel in a sit position..next to us..and had to keep moving to position the dogs..NOT my finest hour. LOL
Jackie

Brigettas Mom said:
JackieN said:
*I* on the other hand was a nervous nilly..left, right..right..left..heel, sit..sit..heel..down..up..Yikes..I needed a drink after the session. LOL
I was so nervous at Brigetta's first class too!

I'm glad Dakota's first day went well! Don't worry about the poop incident; it happens! I was always afraid Brigetta would go in class.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Yay! :D Good going guys!

Obedience school, I swear, is harder on us then it is on the pups! ;) I remember when I took my first dog to OB school, I was the class dunce!

btw, if it makes you feel any better, a few years ago I enlisted my hubby to join me at a rally seminar that was being given by our obedience trainer. He handled Murphy and I handled Riley. The trainer had stopped us all, and was giving a demonstration on something, and with out my knowing it, Riley pooped the BIGGEST stinkin' pile of dog poop I have ever seen! Hubby, from across the room (inside, no less :-\) yelled out "Somebody! Light a match!" I could have died from embarrassment! :D

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
lol Jackie...sounds like Dakota did great....well cept for the poop thing but hey that wont be the last time that happens and it sure wasnt the first :)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Haahaa...sorry, but it's funny, yet not funny. Here's hoping next week's poop-free :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL..I can see a very red face over that..I know that they can't control it..if we don't see the signs..if they really have to go..and I know people understood..but..sheeeeesh..on the FIRST day. LOLOL
Thanks Anne.. Jackie ;D

Anne said:
Yay! :D Good going guys!

Obedience school, I swear, is harder on us then it is on the pups! ;) I remember when I took my first dog to OB school, I was the class dunce!

btw, if it makes you feel any better, a few years ago I enlisted my hubby to join me at a rally seminar that was being given by our obedience trainer. He handled Murphy and I handled Riley. The trainer had stopped us all, and was giving a demonstration on something, and with out my knowing it, Riley pooped the BIGGEST stinkin' pile of dog poop I have ever seen! Hubby, from across the room (inside, no less :-\) yelled out "Somebody! Light a match!" I could have died from embarrassment! :D

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He did..and we're happy with our first day. "cept for the poop thing". LOL..there's always next week!!!
Jackie ;)

WeHeartLabs said:
lol Jackie...sounds like Dakota did great....well cept for the poop thing but hey that wont be the last time that happens and it sure wasnt the first :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts