Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad left for the coast today (Vancouver for you Canucks) to have his cancer surgery on Wednesday.
They'll be removing his entire kidney and biopsying some lymph nodes while they are in there.
My brother lives down there, and my Mom will fly down tomorrow as she had a neurologist appointment today. Ironically she was there because of her cancer treatment. Ever since she's been done chemo she's had numbness in 3 of her fingers, and the oncologist has no idea why.

It's going to be so hard being the only one up here, with the rest of my family down there with my Dad. If all goes well, he will come home on Monday with a 6 week recovery period to deal with.

I think about you guys every day, my apologies for not getting on here more often. I know I keep saying I will...and then life throws a curve ball.
Love you all and praying for you all! :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for both your parents, and hugs for you. We're here, Kimmers, and we're thinking of you.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Sending lots of good thoughts for you, your Dad, and Family.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts to your parents and to the rest of the family.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Good thoughts on the way

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Prayers for your dad, you and your family, Kim.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Love you, Kimmers.
You and your family have been through so much. Prayers for all.
xoxo

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Ever since she's been done chemo she's had numbness in 3 of her fingers, and the oncologist has no idea why.
Good thoughts for your Dad. Your family has been through a lot in the last few years. Numbness is not uncommon in chemo patients. My Mom had it also and so did my friends Mom. Good luck to you all. Cancer sucks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts