Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cybil died doing something she loved, on a walk on the way home from picking the children up at school. She had been unwell and we knew we didn't have much time left with her, so when she begged me to take her when I was leaving to pick up the kids I didn't resist. Very seldom would I take her to the school, and this year not at all because they implemented a "no dog on school grounds" policy, but she wouldn't stop bugging me. She wanted to go. Screw the rules, she was well behaved and she needed to go. She barely got her final goodbyes in to the kids before she gently laid down on the grass and died about 400 feet from our front door. Getting her home was a bit of a challenge, but thanks to neighbours and friends we were able to.

It has been almost three weeks and I'm still devestated. I'm a work-at-home-parent and the house is too quiet now. I can no longer be sitting at my desk, look to my right say "hey girl" get a tail thump and continue on with my work. I miss her so much. :(

This picture was taken about 5 months before she died ...

Faithful friend, loyal companion,
we say farewell to you now.
You have kept us warm at night,
protected our home
and offered us unconditional love.
For this we are thankful,
and we will remember you forever.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
What a beautiful, soulful face she had. :(

I'm sorry for your loss, rest in peace Cybil.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Oh, Cybil was lovely and looks so very happy and contented in that picture.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

And know exactly how you feel and how much you miss "that heartbeat at my feet".

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
So heartbreaking. I can see in that pic she was a special girl. Look at that precious face of hers... Life is so unfair. :( My heart goes out for you. (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. That's a lovely picture of her. It's sweet to know her final moments were spent doing something that she loved so much.

Run free Cybil.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
*bumping*

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Oh my gosh that is so sad, but at least she got to see the kids that last time. Some things we'll just never know...

Her memories live on. Anne

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone.

Today was Cybil's gotcha day. It's a gorgeous day today. When we got her in 2000 St. Patrick's day was c-c-c-cold.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Run Free, Cybil, run free.

May the memories comfort you, it is so hard to lose them.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Cybil was a beautiful girl. I hope you will cherish all the wonderful memories you have of her. Especialy her tail thumb. That is something a true lab lover can always appreciate. Peace be with you and your family.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts