Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't sleep the hole that will be left in my heart when this dog pulls away in the car may be more than I can bare. He's going to a better home than mine..one with lots of Mastiff expereince..before me she was the ONLY Mastiff foster home in Western PA. 3 weeks ago they had to put their 10 yr old Mastiff down. I secretly thought it was a sign Cuj was meant to be hers. Today after the 3rd prospective home wasn't a good match she called me "Deneen my husband and I both said if the 3rd home doesn't work out then we should accept it as a sign". SO..they will come get him later today. Don't get me wrong I love all my fosters..I cry a lot when my fosters leave but mostly because I'm so happy I could save/help them. I can't explain this. Labradors will always be my first love..but Cuj..he just sold me on the Mastiff breed.

Have a great life big man it was such a pleasure to meet you..

Anyway... wish me luck later today when I say goodbye to the big man.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Re: Cuj is leaving me today

So sorry for this very hard transition. You do a great and very difficult job. :'(- Have a great live big boy-you really are a gentle giant!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts

:'(

Aw, Deneen, I wish he could stay with you. But you know he will be going to a great home. You wouldn't let him go otherwise. (((hugs)))

Have a wonderful life in your forever home, Cuj. You deserve it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

I am sure you & Conner will always have a special place in his heart too! It was a wonderful thing you did for him.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

Happy and sad all at the same time.

He will be making his new family very happy, you have made that possible.

Have fun Cuj.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts

(((hugs))) Deneen. Have a wonderful life Cuj, you will be missed, you are a very special boy.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

(((Deneen))) Because of you, Cuj and his new family will all be blessed with better lives. You have done a wonderful thing!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts

Awe Deneen, my heart is crying with you. You did good...and maybe you can visit him in the future!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

Oh Deneen...what a tough day today is for you :'(

But what a great thing you've done for Cuj.....so long big guy....we're all rootin' for ya! :-*

Maybe they'll give you updates on him once in awhile, and you can share with all of us :)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts

I can only imagine how hard this must be for you Deneen. But you gave Cuj a loving home & thanks to you, he is going to another great home.
(((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

Oh deneen .. I cant imagine ow hard that will be. We ALL fell in love with him and the breed. He was an ambassador of all sorts of good will and education and that's because of YOU. I will have you in my thoughts as you say "see ya later, Cuj" to him...dont say goodbye.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts

Oh Deneen. It will be bittersweet, that's for sure. But you are so right, this will be his forever home and so perfect for him.

Deneen, you played such an important role in his life. You should be so proud of what you did for him. :angel:

We love you Cuj! Wishing you great happiness in your life!

·
Registered
836 Posts

See you later big fella. I am glad I was able to see you one more time before you left. (even if it was to invade your home with a chubby, grouchy yellow girl) MAny long years of love and happiness to you Cuj.

He will always be in your heart Deneen.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

Awww..Deneen..big hugs from Dakota and I...this is why I could never foster, it would break my heart too many tiimes..and I admit..I don't think I could stand it time after time. You are a wonderful and kind person, with a very hardy and loving heart. He will be missed!!!!!!!!
Jackie

·
Registered
12,420 Posts

Awww, I know how hard this must be for you. {{{HUGS}}} Kiss the big boy for me, and tell him that today, his new life is about to begin with a family that understands him. He will hold a special place in my heart, such a beautiful gentle man. :'( :-* :)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

I know your good-bye with Cuj will be bittersweet. He has certainly found a special place in your heart. (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Its a wonderful thing that you do Deneen.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts