Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crud my Dad has had a set back!! update at bottom

He was doing so well, in the last 2 days he has put on 15lbs of water wt. either the heart or kidneys are not doing their job. Hope we caught it soon enough to get the water off and him out of the hospital. Luckily DS is staying with him right now because I can't count of the SO to keep me updated. Crud, Crud, Crud- I know I have been unhappy with some of his actions lately but man I love him and I am so not ready to lose another parent. Good thoughts for my Dad would be appreciated- Thanks so much- Di

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for your Dad, I hope he pulls through quickly and doesn't have any more problems.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Good thoughts headed your way!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DS just called and said they were taking him to the hospital to be checked out! Dad requested it so I know he really isn't feeling good, Crap! We will be heading down there in the AM, sooner if needed : ( Thxs so much, you are the best! Di

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Prayers from Kentucky coming your way. Keep us posted when you can.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prayers from Kentucky coming your way. Keep us posted when you can.
Thxs, at this point I'm just trying to keep myself busy! He has been admitted in the ICU- the medical speak is "critical but stable" , crap! I did talk to him so I do beleave this. We will be going in the morning or sooner tonight as needed! Di

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update

Thanks so much everyone- I'm here at the beach, and Dad is doing so much better- I'm so glad I came- first clarification was that Dad was actually stable enough last night that he was kept for observation only- I really cant get correct info. from his SO, oh well I needed to be here anyway- they have gotten 6lbs of fluid off of him and he was able to come home today. He looks and feels much better. It's funny how drowning in ones own fluid can make them feel so bad- poor Dad- He is so not liking all of these doctors and hospital visits- up until Dec. he was so healthy- crud- but at least for now he is better and that's what matters most! thanks again -Di

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Sorry to hear this Di. It's a hell of a worry. I know what it's like from my Mum. Hopefully they'll have him under control & back to normal soon. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts