Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
You might want to look up emergency vets in the major towns along your way, just in case. And make sure you are traveling with all their vaccination records.

That's all I can think of...

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you thank you...didn't think of the emergency vets! good idea!

also, know anything to use for carsickness. Just in case they get carsick? Thats what the link above was talking about.

P

·
0 Posts
http://www.dogbreedz.com/dog_articles/dog-article.cfm/dogarticle/traveling-with-pet.htm

We will start there, if I find anything else that looks to be new info I'll add it.

Edit: Cant remember if someone here posted this info or a link, but it was suggested for disasters to have a ziploc bag of pet info taped inside each carrier specific to each pet. Seems a good idea if the worst should happen when on the road *knock on wood*. I like the idea of looking up addresses and phone numbers of emergency vet care on the way too. And I have no idea about carsick meds for pets....can you ask your current vet? One other thing, (somewhat irrelevant) some pages suggest carrying cleaning supplies, to be a courteous guest (hotel or family I imagine). That still might be useful if some of the furbabies do get car sick.....Good Luck /Edit

Little side note: Crazy SIL with far too many dogs (yorkies & white furballs) remembered all the shot records for dogs when traveling by car to Alaska. But had to call Mom(from border checkpoint) to get Mom to go to her house and fax copies of birth certificates for her three human kids!?!?!?! LOL

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I've used benadryl for Goober- I gave her one regular benadryl in the am 1 hr before leaving. She passed out in the car.

The cat I always just cough up the money and get lots of real tranquilizers. She's a screamer when crated and likes to express her frustration by peeing on things.

Apollo should be fine. You take him in the car regularly, right? Run him around in the am before you leave- a fairly decent exercise session (40 minutes or so) and maybe do a google search for dog parks on the way. He'll appreciate the chance to run, potty, and get out of the car for a few. We do that on the way to our lakehouse in northern wisconsin.

http://www.my-dog.info/travel_with_dogs/motion_sickness.asp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts