Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share my brag. Moose and I went to our first trial this weekend and it went quite well. We got a 93 and first place on Friday (there were only 2 of us ;)) and a 85 (my screw up - did a U-turn the wrong way and lost 10pts) and 2nd place on Sat. (out of 4). We had a great time and I'm definately hooked. Now I just have to figure out what show to go to for our last leg.

I got to meet Julie (CaliforniaLabLover) on Friday, but did not get to meet Monty :( She is really sweet and was so glad we got to meet her. Talk about a small world. A guy that was sitting next to me and doing Rally Novice as well knew Julie. I was talking about this person I wanted to meet and he says "Julie"? He took me over to meet her after we were done with the trials.

This same guy - Dave is also very involved with Hope Crisis org. which is something I've been interested in doing as well. Moose and I have to do pet therapy and log at least 12 visits in a year before we can qualify for testing, but I definately think that could be in our future and now I have a contact :)

My son and SU went with me on Saturday and it was so nice - they were really proud of his and excited to watch us in the ring. Made it very special.

I loved going to a Lab Specialty - I wish there were more, but I definately plan to go to this event again next year - maybe we will be ready for our CD by then!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The High Desert Labrador Retriever Club has a specialty coming up in November in Palmdale,Ca. so ou might want to go to that one as well. its on November 10th and 11th 2007 Saturday and Sunday and was a blast last year. www.hdlrc.com
And they give out really cool prizes and trophy's there too.

The mission circut is also coming up real soon it is at the Pomona fairgrounds at the end of May and is 4 days of all breed shows, obedience,rally, and Agility. It is one of the larger shows in the area. I think it closes on the 9th of May.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
That's awesome!!! Congrats! It's nice to do something that your kids enjoy being involved in also, isn't it?
Way to go, Moose!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts