Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Apollo was BEGGING to be let into the bedroom to play with the ferrets. Normally I don't allow him in there with them cuz Delilah is scared of Apollo and bites him on the nose. De was sleeping ON the bed though (with Sam) so I thought, ok, you can come in and play.

Apollo was having a blast with the ferrets. He was flipping them over onto their backs and licking their tummies. All four of the sable (dark colored) ferrets were having a blast playing with Apollo. Samson (white ferret) went up to Apollo and was playing with him but then out of the blue CHOMP. Samson chomped down RIGHT onto apollo's eyebrow and would NOT let go! Surely Apollo would rip Samson to shreds for doing that, but nope. Do you know what my dog did? He just sat there (ferret dangling from his face) and looked at me like "mommy, this hurts, can you please tell the weasel man to get off of me?" He didn't yip, yelp, bite, or bark. NOTHING. Just sat their like a good boy while I unglued Samson from his face! I have the best dog in the world! Just goes to show why you can NEVER let a dog and ferret play unsupervised.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The day I adopted Apollo the woman told me he was GREAT with kids and small animals. I saw his temperment and I was like 'SOLD!' having a dog that is absolutely gentle around kids and small animals is essential. Even though he is skittish (and when I got him he wasn't housebroken or chew trained) I wouldn't trade him for the world. Housebreaking you can teach, tolerance for being bitten on the eyebrow by a ferret you can not. I LOVE my puppers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts