Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your finished assignment picture should look like this one...

After doing the assignment picture, try doing one of your own and post the results here as well.
Have fun!!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Linda, I'm sure there's a book or instructions for the settings, but I just play around with them to see what kind of results I get. The ones I posted work pretty well (change your tool size if you need too). You can play with the settings to see how they change the final results.

Try using one of your own shots and clone something that is more difficult to clone (like try to take a collar off a dog). You can get really good results if you use patience and practice.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I didn't crop this. I know how to crop. I did different clone jobs to this picture. Not sure which I like better. The original in unedited except to resize. I did edith the cloned pictures.

Original

#1 Clone

#2 Clone

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Here's my stab at it. I changed the size a bit and cloned a bit from below as well because I had a weird looking line going.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Original

Cloned (sky) and Cropped

I think I may have gotten his neckline on the left too clean, but I'm pleased with the overall effect.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I thought I'd try something more difficult.

Here's a photo taken during my shoot for the BW assignment.

I cloned out the tire, cloned in a fence post behind it and mended the fence with the clone tool. The fence was a pain in the butt. You can't see the detail, but I managed to match the wires somewhat decently. I also couldn't figure out how to get the light highlight in the fencepost to match the others.

And, by special request, the picture without the Silo. The far left point of the roof is still a little "soft" for my liking, but I went in and painstakingly cloned in/replaced each light pixel with a dark one. I'll work on it later after getting my papers graded :).

G

·
I did a little fix on a picture of Laika, on the left on Laika there is a persons head visable on the photo who i dont like (i like the person but not only a head on a picture!) ;D

Before:

After:

I've used Adobe Photoshop in combination with the: "Allien Skin Image Doctor" filter, and that just worked just fine ;)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya'll are doing great! I like the one of the barn minus the tire on the fence, good job.
Felix, that was an easy clone job... now try something harder ;D
Monnie, I like #2 better, in the first one I can't really tell if that is sky or water behind her (your horizon is lumpy, curved, so I think it's water... but it lacks any movement so it doesn't work very well).
Emily N Rio -- I dare you to clone out the silo ;)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Done :) I put it in my original barn/silo post above.

raian said:
Ya'll are doing great! I like the one of the barn minus the tire on the fence, good job.
Felix, that was an easy clone job... now try something harder ;D
Monnie, I like #2 better, in the first one I can't really tell if that is sky or water behind her (your horizon is lumpy, curved, so I think it's water... but it lacks any movement so it doesn't work very well).
Emily N Rio -- I dare you to clone out the silo ;)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I keep neglecting the black and white photo lesson because i haven't been able to get a shot that i'm happy with (gosh I sound picky lol), but here's my attempt at cloning on linda's sample picture. I took out the jump bars and I also got creative and cloned out the toy between mister Ruger's front paws :)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Here is my sample picture.

Here is a picture of Logan. I wanted to crop & clone. I needed to get rid of the doorknob, chair & SU's knee. ;D

After I cropped it I cloned (or tried to). Should I have cloned first & then cropped? I didn't have alot of space to work with after I cropped & I kept getting different clolors in when I tried to clone the door knob out. I wanted to clone out the little part of the white wall on the left but I really made a mess of it.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I sure don't have a steady had when it comes to "coloring in the lines"!! Here is a feeble attempt. I do believe this will come with practice, at least I hope so.

Cropped and cloned (removed leaf by Jakes head)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Emily N Rio, I love the barn without the Silo, you did a wonderful job on the cloning!

AbbyandMolly, great job!!!

georgie -- excellent cloning on your grandson's pic!!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
raian said:
Emily N Rio, I love the barn without the Silo, you did a wonderful job on the cloning!

AbbyandMolly, great job!!!

georgie -- excellent cloning on your grandson's pic!!
Thanks :) The clouds made it easier than it could have been.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
georgie, what you can do to get rid of that "feather" where the doorknob was is use the Gaussian Blur on it.
First use your selector tool (looks like a lasso) to select the area you want to "blur" then find your Gaussian Blur (look under your image > Sharpen > Blur somewhere in there you will find it). When you find it, choose a radius of around 5.00 to make the blur. This will make the "feather" indistinshable.

If you don't like those results, clone again and pull up some of the wood grain just below it.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great job Chocco. The grass is SO pretty there too! Ours was green, but now it's starting to brown up because we haven't had any rain in AGES.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts