Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I thought there were some on the other board in the recipe section.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Charla, GO GET THEM, as in sic 'em or go over to the other forum and bring 'em here? LOL Since my surgery, I can't walk that far to get them from the old forum. Someone else will have to do it. Any volunteers? LOL

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
But...but...but...but, I'm not supposed to lift anything that weighs THAT much. ROFL

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Cooking Light had a really good crockpot issue. I'm headed out to dinner now, but I'd search their website - it was all ready hearty stuff. I think I remember something with stew beef that I liked.

Also, a winner for us is always potato + carrot + onions + a little thyme, garlic, lots of kosher salt and pepper + 1/2 can beef broth + roast = YUM (Then use the leftovers to make beef-barley soup the next day! Divine :D

Mmmmm I'm so hungry.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Someone on the board put together a bunch of crockpot recipes for us one year. I used to have it on my old computer. Dang I can't remember who that was now.........grrrrrr!
I have one for crockpot lasagna and shepherd's pie I will look for you later.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I have a super easy yet tasty Swiss steak recipe from the book that came with the Rival crockpot I bought 20 years ago if you're interested. We make it fairly often and never tire of it.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Someone on the board put together a bunch of crockpot recipes for us one year. I used to have it on my old computer. Dang I can't remember who that was now.........grrrrrr!
i think i have that. i'll have to check. i'll let you know if i do and anyone that wants it can PM me their email addy so i can send it to them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know gave this recipe to Laurie for the cookbook.

4 boneless/skinless chicken breast
1 stick of butter - melted
1 package of Italian dressing mix
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 package of cream cheese - softened

Put chicken in crock pot. Melt butter and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle the italian dressing mix over the chicken, cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low. Take chicken out of crock pot and mix the juices from the chicken with the can of soup and the cream cheese. Put the chicken back (you can cubed the chicken if you want) into the crock pot and continue to cook for 30 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.

I double up on the soup and the cream cheese because I like a lot of sauce for my noodles. I also use low-fat soup and cream cheese because it is very rich.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts

That was Swimmer1! I miss her! Hope she can find us when she decides to come back. Wait. Why did she leave, again?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just made a russet potato and ham dish in the Crock Pot on Friday!! It was awesome..it was like cheesy au gratin potatoes with ham..if you are interested let me know and I will post the recipe.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Crock Pot Swiss Steak

1 1/2 lbs. round steak
1 chopped carrot
1 cup chopped celery
1 lg. can tomato sauce
1 onion, sliced
2 TBS flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Cut steak into serving pieces. Combine flour, salt & pepper in a bag. Add pieces of meat and shake to coat. Pat off excess flour. Put into crock pot. Add carrot, celery, & onion. Pour tomato sauce on top. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

(my slightly altered variation)
Sometimes I use garlic salt or celery salt instead of regular to mix with the flour. I like to leave the carrot and celery in stick form instead of chopped and also slice a large onion into thick rings. I alternately layer the veggies, meat and sauce in the crock pot. We like to eat it over orzo, but rice is also fine or just put it on plate.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Scallop Potatoes and Ham

6 large russet potates, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds(next time I would slice the potatoes a little thinner..some were a little hard)
1 ham steak(about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into cubes
1 can(10 3/4oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 soup can of water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Grill seasoning to taste( I didn't use this..not sure what it is..LOL)

1. Layer potatoes and ham in Crock Pot
2. Combine soup, water, cheese and seasoning in large mixing bowl. Pour mixture over potatoes and ham. Cover; cook on HIGH 3 1/2 hours or until potatoes are fork-tender. Turn Crock-Pot to Low and continue cooking 1 hour.

I added about 3 tablespoons of flour after it was done to thicken up the juice..and we added some extra cheese to the top after it was finshed. It was awesome!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts