Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**** it!

City allows residents to sign up for emergency/crime alerts as they occur in addition to weekly summaries of all activity in the city. This one pissed me off big time. As soon as I post this, I will beheaded over to the PD to find out if they can use volunteers on this in some way. The area is about 3 miles from our house, so I don't feel HK is at immediate risk. She is seldom off the property and rarely out of my sight, but it happens and she is highly food motivated.

Crime Alert: Animal Cruelty Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Since March 18, the police department has received two confirmed reports of dogs being poisoned.

Since March 18, the police department has received two confirmed reports of dogs being poisoned. In both incidents the dogs had to be euthanized due to ethylene glycol (anti-freeze) poisoning. A third incident has been reported, subsequently when the resident found out about the other poisoning cases; the poisoning is not confirmed but may be related since the dog had similar symptoms and died earlier in March. All of these incidents occurred near Evergreen Park and the victims live in the area.

Residents in this area are advised to keep their pets leashed and do not allow them to roam the neighborhood freely as it has been reported that the sickened dogs vomited food that was not fed to them by their owners.

If you observe suspicious activity related to this alert, please immediately call the Minnetonka Police Department by dialing 9-1-1. If you have information about these crimes, please contact Detective xxxx.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Are you friggin kidding me?!!! SMURFIN IDJITS! Let us know what the PD says about helping.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got to talk with the detective in charge. Got a nice thank you for offerring to help, but beyond walking in the area and watching for something suspisious, then calling 911, not much I could do. So, HK and I took a walk through the neighborhood, and will probably do that a couple times a week at different times.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Unbelieveable, that is just awful. I got my first pup at age 5, he was a black lab called Starsky :). I lived in Northern Ireland at the time and the dogs used to live in the back yard. Unfortunately, someone put poison down and a few dogs on the street were lost that week. I cant understand how people can be so cruel, i just dont get it. Good luck HK, if you do comje across something, phone the police, dont try to deal with it yourself (as much as you would want to grab these lowlifes by the throat).

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unbelieveable, that is just awful. I got my first pup at age 5, he was a black lab called Starsky :). I lived in Northern Ireland at the time and the dogs used to live in the back yard. Unfortunately, someone put poison down and a few dogs on the street were lost that week. I cant understand how people can be so cruel, i just dont get it. Good luck HK, if you do comje across something, phone the police, dont try to deal with it yourself (as much as you would want to grab these lowlifes by the throat).
HK and Dad will be armed with a cell phone only. I have thought about what I might do if I brought my revolver along and decided HK and I would be better off afterward if I just take the cell phone.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
There was an incident a few years back in a nearby town where people were shoving rat poison into hot dogs and leaving it at the side of the sidewalk for dogs on a walk to eat. Numerous deaths and illnesses and I don't think the perps were ever caught. Just crazy. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts