Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you a paramedic or ALS?? I know you're one of them just wasn't sure which. I'm doing my BLS training now....wow...so much stuff!!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I am eagerly anticipating the posts!

"randi you get a rhsh whn the lites and sirns are goeing?"
"Not really, Dave. They make me a little nervous and forlorn."
"yeh somtims i get that way too but i just start singing it helps"
"I'll remember to sing, Dave. Maybe it will lift my spirits, too."
"yeah and the patience in hte EMS vehicle sometimes will tryto sing along but dont let them you have to keep the oxigen ocksigen air bag on the mouth"
"I'll remember that, too, Dave. Thanks ever so much for the tips!"

;D

LOVE YOU GUYS!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
creatism said:
oh my god now we are having conversations

thanks actually that reminds why are you getting certified
Fire medic volunteer services. I still have my regular full time job. Getting much less sleep these days since it's 24/7, but obviously I can't respond while I'm at work. I gotta run to work, we'll have to talk more!!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paddysmom said:
I am eagerly anticipating the posts!

"randi you get a rhsh whn the lites and sirns are goeing?"
"Not really, Dave. They make me a little nervous and forlorn."
"yeh somtims i get that way too but i just start singing it helps"
"I'll remember to sing, Dave. Maybe it will lift my spirits, too."
"yeah and the patience in hte EMS vehicle sometimes will tryto sing along but dont let them you have to keep the oxigen ocksigen air bag on the mouth"
"I'll remember that, too, Dave. Thanks ever so much for the tips!"

;D

LOVE YOU GUYS!
Yes, I can just imagine the conversations Dave and I will have.

BTW Dave, a call for a "fall" came in, I was looking forward to my first C-spine...no such luck!

·
Registered
529 Posts
wait till your first od and they are just laying there puking up green **** and you have to pick them up and put on the cot while not puking your self

or your first serious extrecation those are lots of fun

·
Registered
529 Posts
i told her to wait till she gets her first call for an over dose and they are laying there puking green **** and you have to phisically pick them up and get all that nastyshit all over you.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
creatism said:
wait till your first od and they are just laying there puking up green **** and you have to pick them up and put on the cot while not puking your self

or your first serious extrecation those are lots of fun
I just can't wait! Luckily the bus doesn't roll unless there's a chauffer/certified EMT ... right now I'm just tagging along with these guys, watching, filling out the PCR's, stretchers, and can place a neck stabilizer for a suspected C-spine!! Extracations are my SU's favorite (he's a firefighter in the same department), I know that can be ugly. I'm in a fast track course and take my state test on August 16. Will you help me study??

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
creatism said:
hell yeah are going all the way to medic or just emt
LOL...one step at a time for this old lady!! I first need to succeed at the EMT-B...then I'll need to rest and recuperate from stress and study (because that's just me)!! I'll wait for you to "go all the way" and let me know how it is!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
what are your hours like for the fast trac basic coarse

mine was 6 months after clinicals 4 months class and 2 months clinicals.

oh and is ny a national regristry or is all you have to deal with is state

B

·
0 Posts
You know I'm kinda scared that I actually understand this conversation. I've been hanging out with paramedics and firemen long enough to get this stuff. I am not sure if that's a good thing or not. ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
you know youve been around it to long when you can talk about some poor guy who died on you in the processes of dieing he pissed all over and threw up all over. and you are talking about this while eating dinner ande nice restaurant.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
creatism said:
what are your hours like for the fast trac basic coarse

mine was 6 months after clinicals 4 months class and 2 months clinicals.

oh and is ny a national regristry or is all you have to deal with is state
I'm doing it in 3 months! :eek: 49 Class sessons. Tues/Thurs 7pm to 10pm, and on Saturdays 9am-3 pm. This does not include ambulance/hospital rotations. I've already started my ambulance rotations. I have not clue whether or not it's a national registry, how do I find out?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts