Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a purebred lab, she is about 6 months old now. She is AKC registered. Up until she was about 3 months old her ears lay flat like a typical lab, as she is getting older they look mote perky...which completely match her personality:). Just curious, has any one ever seen this in there own lab.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Not in my own dog, but I have seen labs on the forum with ears like that.

Cute pup! :)

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was walking my pup the other day and someone stopped and asked what kind of dog she was. I answered "a yellow lab", she actually began to argue that my pup was not purebred and I got ripped off if someone sold her as a purebred. I shut her up by telling her I did not care if she was part monkey...she was part of my family. Thanks so much for the input. Your dogs are adorable.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Sometimes the ears get wacky when they're teething. Then they usually go back to normal.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Cute puppy. In Molly's litter some of the labs ears were different, some bigger & some smaller. She is still growing so don't listen to what some people say. I have had people ask me if Molly was a rottwieler. :eek:

You need to post more pictures of your cutie. :)

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone here has adorable labs. i am so gla i stumbled upon this site. everyone is so nice and helpful. I will post some new pics soon. i think she is pretty cool myself.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What a little sweetheart. I think she is adorable. Puppies are like kids. They grow at intervals and sometimes are a little out of wack but they grow into their paws, legs, heads and even ears. Each one is unique. Just ignore people who say stupid and ignorant things. Be grateful you don't have to take them home with you! :D And I also agree - more pictures.;)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
She sure is sweet looking. I wouldn't worry about it!

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
amen to that

she is a sweetheart and thank GOD i don't have to take them home is right:)I will post new pics soon. thanks

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
more of Gracie "crazy ears"

Here are some pics from puppy till about 5 months old. I will post more recent ones soon. Enjoy

p.s. The beautiful black angel in the halo is Casey. She was my best friend for almost 14 years. I have so many happy memories of her and i already have some pretty happy memories with Gracie, my new pup

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The 3rd pic is precious. :D I love the paws crossed in front of her. She looks like Little Lady Grace. Casey is beautiful too. Lots of good memories with both of them for sure. :)

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
My chocolate boy has funky laying ears too. They never went back to normal to be honest with you.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
I was walking my pup the other day and someone stopped and asked what kind of dog she was. I answered "a yellow lab", she actually began to argue that my pup was not purebred and I got ripped off if someone sold her as a purebred. I shut her up by telling her I did not care if she was part monkey...she was part of my family. Thanks so much for the input. Your dogs are adorable.
Yeah, you tell her! :D You'd be amazed how many people have asked if my Pugs were Bulldogs over the years. :rolleyes:

Your black girl was a clone of my boy. He lived until he was 14 too.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Jo's ears dont lay flat, one kinks to the side and the other kinda back...only when he's concentrating or if I ask if he's HUNGRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY do they lay like a lab...(His was from chronic untreated ear infections with big homatomas left after which, but this was before we adopted him).

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gracie's lay flat sometimes when she is totally relaxed or thinking really hard about what she will destroy or eat next. Hold on she has a screw in her mouth...ok, removed:) My old black lab suffered with chronic ear infections too, we tried everything, nothing ever worked for long...we just tried to keep her as comfy as possible.

Dani: did your choc labs ears lay flat as a pup?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts