Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have suggestions for 2 lab-size crates that will fit in the back of a Honda CRV? Width-wise we have 40"-not quite enought room for SUV crates. Any ideas?

·
Registered
22,832 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I know a lot of people use soft-sided crates in the car - not sure if that would be an option for you?

I drive a little VW Golf and even if I put the seats down in the back, it's not possible to fit any kind of crate big enough for either of my two. I have seatbelts and harnesses for both of them to ride safely in the backseat together.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions for 2 lab-size crates that will fit in the back of a Honda CRV? Width-wise we have 40"-not quite enought room for SUV crates. Any ideas?
Susan, what if you put the crates lengthwise across the car, instead of side by side? One crate on top of where the rear seats fold down, and one in the cargo area?

I sympathize with your dilemma! I have a Subaru wagon with the rear seats down, and Ollie rides in a 36" crate in the cargo area and Henry rides in a seatbelt harness on top of where the rear seats fold down. It's not ideal, but it'll work until we get our next vehicle... hopefully either SO's X3 when it comes off lease, or a Honda Element/Odyssey.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Gor Gemma I use the plastic crate.
Not sure you should use that, but her barking and jumping over the car drives me nuts if she isn't crated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts