Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am buying Dio a new crate and I am curious to see how many have a 42'' crate or a 48'' crate? He has a 40'' crate now and it's a bit small for him. It doesn't seem worth spending money on 2 more inches, so my fiance wants to buy the 48''. Is it too big?
Dio weighs around 80lbs and is almost 10 months old, if it helps any.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
We don't use Bauer's anymore, but it is 48". Ours has a divider that can be moved as puppies grow and need more room. If you are planning on another puppy at some point in the future, I would buy a 48" with a divider.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I have 2 - never measured them. The one we use now for Blaise fits him very nicely as a fully grown Lab.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response! We will go for the 48" crate, since we will eventually buy another puppy.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
My 73lb 6.5-year-old fits nicely into a 40" VariKennel Ultra, and my 85lb 18-month-old fits into a 42" Midwest wire crate with a TON of extra room to stretch out in.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Our 107 lb. yellow boy fits fine in a 42" crate with plenty of room to spare, and our 85 lb. black boy is in an XL (Great Dane size, I reckon 40") VariKennel with lots of room.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I think ours are 48". 42" would probably have been big enough, but I like them to have lots of room. Mine weigh 65 and 70 lbs.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
We don't use Bauer's anymore, but it is 48". Ours has a divider that can be moved as puppies grow and need more room. If you are planning on another puppy at some point in the future, I would buy a 48" with a divider.
Mine is a 8" like this one. Tal is 90 lbs and Barney is 60 lbs. Neither use it much anymore but Barney was its last occupant. I liked the larger size so they wouldn't feel so cramped. When tal was a puppy, I put the divide in there and once he got a few months, I took it out. I would definitely get the 48" with the divider.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts