Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work in a small office and I like everyone I work with but sometimes I just want to strangle the other draftsman (same job as me). We have a HUGE project in the office now and it's just us 2 draftsman and we have to have it done in very short order for a project this size so we're both working on it. We're also being forced to do things to show the client that we're really not ready to do so I'll end up having to do 10x more work down the line to fix it all because we're just guessing now. Said co-worker can NOT multi-task though and it's driving me nuts!!! He also has trouble prioritizing what needs to get done first. If a change is going to effect what your working on you may as well do it first so you don't have to redo it!!! He's not like that though he has to completley finish whatever he's working on before he'll go to the next task which just makes so much more work. I know I can't avoid changes it's part of the job but he's making more work that's not necessary. It would be fine if he was just screwing up his stuff but it effects mine too and he doesn't tell me until I go back to look at something and it's all screwed up :mad:
I've tried nicley explaining why somethings need to be done first but he won't listen so I give up :mad:

I have another project on my desk too that is due the same time that hasn't even been started so soon he's going to have to do the other one primarily by him self. I also do all of our marketing proposals so I have to stop and do that too.

thanks for letting me vent I needed it...

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Aren't co-workers annoying?!?!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
YES YES YES, they are.

bacatherine said:
That would be great!!! He's 3x my size though I don't know if that would be smart ::)
Your right. That may not work out. Sorry you have to deal with people like that

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Oh lord what a PITA that must be! Well at least its Friday and the day is almost over. Sorry you have to deal with the big PITA though.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kpowell said:
Men cannot multi-task. ;D
LOL I know SU is not great at it either but at work he actually does quite a bit just not at home. This guy though ::)
He can't even stop what he's doing when he knows he's going to have to change it right away anyway!!! It's so counterproductive :mad:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
kpowell said:
Men cannot multi-task. ;D
Yes they can. Some choose not to!

Hijack alert!! What drawing software do you use? I draw in Inventor,Mechanical Desktop,Solid Works and Autocad.

I hate doing client "approval" work!!! It's too much extra work to clean up for the real solid modeling and detailed drawings .

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're using AutoCAD (Architectural Desktop version) 2006.
It would be one thing to be doing approval drawings but with the extreamly tight deadline (this is a 7 story hotel adaptive reuse project on a historic building) we're also doing construction documents at the same time!! It's just retarded. So I'm trying to do a door schedule, per bosses request for pricing (list of doors, type, hardware, details...) and they are changing the plans yet so it keeps changing. So every plan change causes 3x the work because I have to change things 3 places instead of one ::)

Thanks for letting me vent it's just so frustrating like I'm running around in circles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts