Just Labradors banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's bday was the day quarantine began...which was the day we brought home our lab pup. My son begged for 4 years for a lab...I even built a house w a yard to get ready for this dog. Fast forward 9 months now...no training (covid), no fence (covid shortage), only leash walking 5x a day. But that's not enough I guess? The dog is a holy terror. Daily, I clean broken glass, pools of spilled water, multiple bald spots in my brand new carpet, chewed furniture corners and legs walls etc etc. I give him broth popsicles and approx 5 bones a day....kong...you name it. I end up having to put him in the crate to contain the destruction...which causes him to get nervous, and bark incessantly...so I let him out...only to endure another cycle if destruction. I have NOTHING on any table, any counter, not even the fireplace mantle. He chews and chews and chews and jumps and chews. The dog is only alone when I pee. That's it. I took him to the dog park and he was almost killed blood and all so he is weird around other dogs... and since quarantine, he doesn't know other ppl. Totally not socialized.. We are absoluely exhausted. This is my 10th dog so I'm not new to dogs. This one tho is my biggest regret. I am absolutely heartbroken and cry every day but I think I'm going to have to surrender him. I just don't know how to calm him down and enjoy him. He's a caged barnyard animal at this point which is no life for him or me. Any tips? Thank you kindly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts