Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
thats what i have been thinking a while ago. think about all these years never anything wrong until now and it wasn't just 1-2 foods its about 100. hmmmm sounds fishy to me

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking. It wasn't just one plant or one product. This is way too big. Alot of folks at work are talking about this being a trial run for tainting human foods.
I also think it took these companies way too long to notify pet owners. :mad:

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Has it been determined that melamine is, in fact, the cause of the illnesses and death? I heard an interview with the chief of veterinary toxicology at UC Davis (the top vet school on the West Coast), and he said that there was almost no research on melamine in dogs and cats, but that in rats and mice it's NOT very toxic. Since then, I haven't heard anyone say anything conclusive either way about the mechanism by which the animals got sick.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Researchers in at least three labs found cyanuric acid, amilorine and amiloride.
cyanuric acid, a chemical commonly used in pool chlorination, three researchers told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Cyanuric acid is what most likely sickened pets, one researcher said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_503671.html

Kelly and Amber

1 - 7 of 7 Posts