Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST RECIEVED A POSTCARD FROM COSTCO THAT THE KIRKLAND CANNED FOOD HAS BEEN RECALLED DUE TO MELAMINE! THIS PRODUCT DOSN'T EVEN CONTAIN ANY WHEAT! THANK GOD I STOPPED FEEDING THEM THE CANNED FOOD AFTER WE LOST OUR CHOW! I STILL HAVE SOME CANS LEFT THOUGH. SINCE THIS WHOLE RECALL THING I HAVE BEEN COOKING FOR MY BABIES AND MIXING IT WITH THEIR DRY FOOD. IS IT EVER GONNA END?????

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
This is the issue with the Diamond canned products (Kirkland and Chicken Soup are also Diamond products). Diamond does not mfg the canned food. They have someone else do it. Apparently that company added something that Diamond was not aware of so they thought their food was safe. None of the labels of the recalled foods say they contain any of the recalled ingredients yet they are testing positive for it.

I have a case of Chicken Soup Adult canned that is just sitting at my home. I won't feed it until Diamond can tell me 100% positively that it is safe. They recalled the CS puppy from the same timeframe which contains the exact same ingredients yet they have not recalled the adult version. ::) Murray had an episode recently where he was peeing clear and very frequently. I took him to the vet for a battery of tests. The first tests came back that he had a high protein level in his urine so we did more expensive tests which came back normal. He gets the CS every 4th or 5th day, Eagle Pack canned the rest of the time. At the time, no food had been recalled so I didn't ever connect the 2 together or thought to consider if he had CS that day but now I have to wonder if he had the canned food that day which caused the issue then switched to EP which caused the protein levels to go back to normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts