Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are making the "traditional" St Patrick's day feast today. We won't have time to properly make it after work on Tuesday. I also baked a loaf of Irish soda bread. House smells delish!

Do you all like corned beef and cabbage?

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
It is is the ice box all ready to be put together and put in the crock pot while I am at work on tuesday, I get home by 3 so there is lots of time to add the cabbage. As for the soda bread I make it at work for my students so I'll just make an extra loaf for home! Sometimes the perks are just too good!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I LOVE corned beef with potatoes and carrots - I cook the cabbage for SU. I'm not fixing it this year because I kinda forgot, and we had guests over the weekend and went out to eat instead. Enjoy your meal!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I LOVE corned beef with potatoes and carrots - I cook the cabbage for SU. I'm not fixing it this year because I kinda forgot, and we had guests over the weekend and went out to eat instead. Enjoy your meal!
We love corned beef and cabbage. I always get an extra corned beef when they are on sale and freeze it for later in the year. ;)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Mmmmmm! I make that about every three years. I only know how to make this dinner in the huge way and I'm the only one who eats it.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
We are making the "traditional" St Patrick's day feast today. We won't have time to properly make it after work on Tuesday. I also baked a loaf of Irish soda bread. House smells delish!
I second everything you just said (haha) except we're making ours today because my mom and I are visiting friends in PA on Tuesday, and my dad will be out of town and it's one of his favorite meals.

Our house smells soooooo good right now!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I like corned beef but not cabbage. They're going to come and take my Irish card away. LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
We had our annual St. Pat's day party on Saturday. I made a 17 lb. corned beef, 6 lbs. potatoes, 3 lbs. carrots & 2 heads of cabbage. It's all gone and I'm tired. Today is the South Side Irish parade, thank God I don't work on Monday's!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I like corned beef but not cabbage. They're going to come and take my Irish card away. LOL
Haha!!! Don't worry I think the pro no green beer stance might save you, that and the green finger nail polish :D

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're going to come and take my Irish card away. LOL
I would think the mere fact that you are anti-green beer must count for some points on the yearly Irish card. ;)

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Picked it up today at BJ's and will start marinating it in the morning and in the slo cooker on Tuesday morning. Braised cabbage for me - I hate it boiled.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I want to make it this year. Can someone post a good recipe for cooking the corned beef?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I just make mine in the crockpot...all I do is add the spice packet and water.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts