Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Black Whirlpool oven and cooktop stove. Electric. How in the world do you install these or know that it's possible in your existing home? Sorry I am confused.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
If you have an existing slide in Stove/oven you can install seperates. After you find the cook top and wall oven you like get the rough opening measurements for each. Compare that to the existing space. Here's the bad part.
1) you will need to replace the counter top to accomodate the cooktop.
2) you will need to frame the gap in your cabinets to accomodate the wall oven.
3) This will lead to wanting to put in a new floorand new tops in the rest of the kitchen.
4) The original sink,dishwasher, and refridgerator will no longer match the new appliances they must be replaced
5) That really nice artisan Kitchen aid mixer is now the wrong color. This will need to be replaced.
6) the countertop micro wave will no longer do. You will need to put a built in model in its place.
7) The kitchen is now complete.

OMG! The dining room looks so outdated when viewed from the new kitchen.
1) new flooring is a must.............

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
If you have an existing slide in Stove/oven you can install seperates. After you find the cook top and wall oven you like get the rough opening measurements for each. Compare that to the existing space. Here's the bad part.
3) This will lead to wanting to put in a new floorand new tops in the rest of the kitchen.
4) The original sink,dishwasher, and refridgerator will no longer match the new appliances they must be replaced
5) That really nice artisan Kitchen aid mixer is now the wrong color. This will need to be replaced.
6) the countertop micro wave will no longer do. You will need to put a built in model in its place.

:D:D Speaking from experience are we? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

BWAAHAAAHAAAA!!!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
New drapes in the living room (that we're on sale!) cost me:

1) new hardwood flooring
2) oak Wainscotting,chair rail,baseboards and door trim.
3) Persian area rug
4) Couch and chair.

I've been down this road many times. I know where it goes.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
We have this setup in our kitchen..it's time to replace them and boy, are they expensive!!!! The freestanding stoves are cheaper...stick with them!!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
If you like the look but don't want to do major cabinet work you may want to check out the slide in range like I have. In my kitchen it is in the counter that divides the kitchen from the family room so it has to be flat as mine is like an island it cannot have a back splash or anything raised about the counter level. It is called a slide in range. If you already have the stove electric/gas hook ups they just slide into the opening.

This is one at Sears like mine.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Ours are both built in and I love my Jen air stove top! However my oven, I'm finding is to small! We remodeled the whole kitchen 2 yrs. ago and changing it out would be a royal pain in the arse- I havent even mentioned it to DH in fear of his reaction!:eek::D He did all the cabinet work!! So I will have to wait until we move-:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts