Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Are you sure that works Nancy? I believe if you do this it will turn the pdf file into an embedded picture file onto a word document page and it will be uneditable. You need to have Adobe PDF Writer to perform these actions, PDF Reader is just a read-only version of the application hence why it's a free download.

I do not have any software to do this for you sorry, otherwise I would offer in a heartbeat.

You can alternatively, do File --> Save As Text and it will dump it into a text file and then you can edit the wording but you will lose all the formatting.

Nancy, if you have PDF writer installed you may be able to convert this for Kim?

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I have a pdf to Word converter on my computer at school. Can't remember if I had to buy it or if it was a free download.
No matter, either way. If you use the converter there is still a ton of reformatting to slog through. Try saving your pdf as a *doc* or *docx* thing as Nan suggested. You might get further that way.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
the only other way to turn a PDF document into a word document without losing the formatting is by scanning it through an OCR scanner. That is to my knowledge anyway... there may be some other awesome USA app's that I don't know about! :)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can alternatively, do File --> Save As Text and it will dump it into a text file and then you can edit the wording but you will lose all the formatting.

Nancy, if you have PDF writer installed you may be able to convert this for Kim?
That is just what I did and emailed it as a text file and told her to open it up in Notepad. I can convert it back to PDF later.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I have Adobe Acrobat Pro on my computer so maybe that's why I can do it. I'm going to try it on my husband's computer to see if I can do it.
yep that would be why it works for you :) in Australia AA Pro licenses are pretty exy. So work just don't dish them out.... even though I seriously need it for work ... so annoying!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.