Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about the alligator death roll. Dakota has a new trick in class instead of down like a normal dog he drops rolls on his back. Then starts wiggling across the floor draws laughs. Clown boy the instructor says every class has one clown. He is doing well in class though.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
:D

What Dakota is doing sounds very cute!

The alligator death roll is funny to tell about, but was not so funny when it happened. :D I would try to grab his collar and get him in an upright position, which resulted in heavy mouthing of my hands and arms, whipping his head around wildly to try to get a bite of me. Instructors didn't seem to find it very funny. :p

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have watched a bunch of dog training classes and most dogs stop the rolling behavior after a couple or three weeks and begin to get a comfortable down. These are generally classes that have taught heeling at the same time so the owners wold often just start heeling forward as soon as the dog rolled onto its back. the dogs quickly learn that its kinda uncomfortable to be caught upside down when their owner starts walking away and they are on leash.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He knows how to a pretty down. He was acting a fool. I while practicng leave it I did not look behind me and slammed into the wall. :-\ I told the instructor he was droping to the floor so Mom was not the only one who looked foolish.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Thank you for the much-needed giggle. :) Those visuals were priceless, especially Connie's. Was that Angus?

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Oh boy I know the alligator death roll.

Ernie used to do it after he'd peed inside. I would grab his collar, he would flip over onto his back. I would be dragging him out the door with him wildly kicking, and trying to bite any part of my anatomy he could latch on to. Then I had to get himand I through the door and out. Takes a whole lot of practise.

Not fun to do, but I guess hilarious to watch.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Jackie, yes, that was Angus. What a goof! Chris nailed it too - that's exactly it!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
It's especially endearing when you're in the middle of a rally trial and they death-roll. ;)

It was hot, Henery was tired... it was our 3rd run of the day. And here I had a yellow monkey at the end of his leash, thrashing about on his back. :-[

1 - 8 of 8 Posts