Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I was pulling for the Saints, but I like Indy also and wouldn't have been disappointed if they had won. I am a fan of both teams. Thanks for the kind words. I am sure Mardi Gras is well underway on Bourbon Street by now! lol. After all the city of New Orleans has been through in the last several years, this was a really good thing for them.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
GREAT game!!

I was rooting for the Saints because of the hurts NOLA has gone through -- and also because SO many experts prematurely annointed Peyton Manning as the greatest QB that ever touched a football and the Colts as sure-fire winners.

I have no doubt that PM is one of the greatest pro football QBs ever BUT the annointing him before this game as THE greatest was premature, IMO.

(Also, I heard that EA's Madden football computer game listed the Saints as 3 point winners.)

ETA: as an example of the Manning/Colts fawning, see this: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/sports/football/07manning.html?em

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Your guys played a great game!
As a life-long Saints fan, I'm still very pumped up. Sleep is not coming easy tonight. :). The guys deserved this - they played and beat all the elite quarterbacks in the league this season (Favre, Warner, both Mannings, Brady). They are also Saints both on and off the field. They have done SO much for the Gulf coast region and brought hope and a reason to be happy and excited. Of course, the Manning family is special to the Gulf region too so if the Saints hadn't won, I couldn't think of a better team to lose too.

Here's to another special season for both teams this year!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Congratulations to the Saints. We were a house divided last night. Huge Colts fans but also huge fans of Drew Breese for all the obvious reasons. For us it was a win/win siituation. I am glad he will finally get the credit he deserves along with his team mates.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Good GOD, what a game!! Coudn't take my eyes off for a second!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Ive been on the Saints bandwagon for 43 years so this was especially sweet. Now, about that onside kick. That was the most agononizing 60 seconds as they tried to get to the bottom of the pile. That was the game in a nutshell.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Ive been on the Saints bandwagon for 43 years so this was especially sweet. Now, about that onside kick. That was the most agononizing 60 seconds as they tried to get to the bottom of the pile. That was the game in a nutshell.
You got that right. Love a gutsy play that works out.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Brees with his baby was very sweet. His eyes were all teary, and just enjoying his moment with his son.

The Who . . . they sounded great, but I was a little disturbed every time Pete Townshend moved and shirt came up. Old man belly . . . HURK!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GREAT game!!

I was rooting for the Saints because of the hurts NOLA has gone through -- and also because SO many experts prematurely annointed Peyton Manning as the greatest QB that ever touched a football and the Colts as sure-fire winners.

I have no doubt that PM is one of the greatest pro football QBs ever BUT the annointing him before this game as THE greatest was premature, IMO.

(Also, I heard that EA's Madden football computer game listed the Saints as 3 point winners.)

ETA: as an example of the Manning/Colts fawning, see this: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/sports/football/07manning.html?em
It's been said quite often, and not just leading up to this game, that before his career is done, Peyton will likely go down as the best quarterback in NFL history. He's healthy, and the line and his brain don't allow him to take many hits, so he has several good years left. That wasn't new talk for this Super Bowl.

Now, I was NOT comfortable with everyone picking the Colts for this game and acting like it was going to be a runaway. A. I never like to be the favorite, it makes me nervous. =) and B. from the beginning, I knew this game could go either way. Jason and I actually thought the Saints would be favored.

It was a good game, and I'm not nearly as disappointed as I could be - Happy for the Saints!

(But man, losing still really sucks!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.