Just Labradors banner

Confirmed : Everyone likes drama!!

1K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  Wendy B. 
#1 ·
Right? Like a trainwreck that everyone has to gawk at. Or rubberneckers at an accident scene. It's everywhere!!!

I was at the A&P the other night and a customer was giving the cashier a bunch of **** for not accepting her check without a bonus card. She started yelling and screaming at the poor woman, having an absolute FIT! Every person within earshot stopped to look and listen, me included. Well, I was in the next lane, what was I supposed to do? LOL Then after she finally left, there were whispers everywhere.

I was so proud of the older cashier lady, she gave it right back to her. It was quite amusing. :D

#3 ·
I am always amazed when someone creates a scene like that. Why can't they discuss the matter quietly, ask for a manager to be brought in if they don't like what is happening? Why get nasty, loud, insulting, etc.? I just don't see the point in it, other than making yourself look like a complete ass.

#6 ·
Ugh, welcome to my world. I deal with this all the time at work - it seems people will yell at anyone for anything that doesn't go right for them. The 'my cc/check was declined' is a big one, and I always take the person away from my cashier, to customer service, and hand them a phone and have them call their bank to figure out what's going on. Seriously, the cashier has no control over your bank account, why yell at him or her? :confused: I could go on and on about this topic, lol, so I'll stop with saying that some people just suck.

#10 ·
That's a good approach!

My debit card was not declined, but the transaction would not go through at a restaurant back in March. I was flipping out. Not at the waitress, just inside. I wish she would have offered me that option. Instead, I went to the ATM tried to use my card, again transaction was unable to be processed. So I used my credit card. Come to find out once I got home and called my bank- they had put a stop on my card because I used it somewhere that had been found to be skimming cards. But NO ONE TOLD ME! I hate that. I felt like an idiot. Argh.

Ok. Sorry, I went off on a tangent. lol.

#7 ·
I apologize for creating a rukus at your A&P

#8 ·
I call people on that stuff. My husband says somebody is going to shoot me someday but nothing pisses me off more than somebody letting a cashier have it when they know that there is very little the cashier can say back.

#9 ·
What do you say, Robin? I would have loved to have said something, being that I know the woman who was causing a problem. CAN'T STAND HER! And the cashier is the sweetest older woman.

#14 ·
It usually starts with "Hey buddy" with the proper amount of disdain, and then I point out that yelling at a cashier with no power to solve your problem just makes you look like a ****/*****. (This is usually when my husband starts to back away from me as if he doesn't know me.)

It's like the only thing that makes me confrontational. I've been that cashier who can't do anything because you're the one who will end up in trouble with the boss, and people aren't going to pull that crap in front of me without some sort of comment.

#19 ·
Another cashier story, this one at a WalMart. Happened yesterday as I was there picking up some new tees.

Line was really long. You'd think they'd open another register, but WalMart seems to view this activity on par with, I dunno, parting the Red Sea or something -- when someone FINALLY answers the furtive plea on the PA system "Cashier to the front..." which comes out sounding like "Cashews ought to bunt," there's a lot of foot-dragging and heavy sighs.

Anway, as I waited, I head a voice from the back of the line talking to the woman who was in front of him: "Excuse me. I'm in a bad spot here..."

I turned to look and saw a 20-something kid in a shirt and tie, holding a belt and a $20 bill.

"I've got a job interview in 15 minutes and, in the car on the way over, my belt broke. I'm not going to make it if this line doesn't speed up any..." And -- schmart kid -- it showed no signs of speeding up any, as the customer at the head and the cashier helping her were both treating the coupons she wanted to use as if they were written in heiroglyphics.

"Is there any way I could get ahead of you? It's only one item, and I'm paying cash."

The woman permitted the hop.

As did the gal in front of her.

Which put him directly behind me. Until I, too, let him go.

Finally, the register cleared, Mrs Coupon was on her way, and Mr LateJob was next.

I had to laugh when the cashier asked: "You want a bag with that?"

I could almost hear him answering: "Nah. I'll wear it home!"

#21 ·
I. Hate. WalMart.

There's one near us that I swear is full of three-teethed morons who have all married their siblings.

It's like a Stephen King nightmare: Shambling around the store. Flannel shirts stretched WAY too tight over watermelon-sized bellies. Ill-fitting glasses. Greasy hair. Flip flops that look like something the Vietnamese made out of old Jeep tires....

#28 ·
It's like a Stephen King nightmare: Shambling around the store. Flannel shirts stretched WAY too tight over watermelon-sized bellies. Ill-fitting glasses. Greasy hair. Flip flops that look like something the Vietnamese made out of old Jeep tires....
Because it's a classic case of: If you pay peanuts, you get monkey's.

From what I've heard, they pay some of the lowest wages in retail in the US. If they paid a fair wage, they might attract better quality staff but until then, expect more of the same.

When I was in the US, I went shopping there & came home with 12 pairs of Levis & leather belts of quality that I've never seen in this country all made in Mexico. The jeans cost me $18/pr. You can expect to pay anywhere between $80-$150 for the same thing here depending on where you shop & ours are made in China. :mad:

#22 ·
Dan, Walmarts EVERYWHERE are like that. There are 3 within 10 miles of my house and they are all like that. I only go when I have to - like yesterday. I needed to buy skivs and socks for Paul (since Macy chewed holes in all of them LOL) and a book. I stood in line for 10 minutes. :mad:

#23 ·
Yeah, the prices are good, especially on skivs and socks. I try to go in w/my eyes closed, RUN to the merchandise, grab what I need, and dash for a register.

I then bathe in Listerine upon coming home.

#25 ·
I have nothing good to say about Walmart*. I don't like their buying practices. I don't like their labor practices. I don't like their impact on the environment around their stores, litter filled junkyards for parking lots. I don't like all the Chinese products they prefer over other non-communist, better human rights countries they could buy from.

What I don't understand is........ Why so many people are in love with this place?

#26 ·
What I don't understand is........ Why so many people are in love with this place?
Because of their prices, Tom. I bought a 10-pack of good quality socks yesterday for $6. Kohls right next store sells a 6 pack for $15! Yea, I'll go to Walmart, thank you! :D

#31 ·
I understand the $$$ reasons people shop Walmart. Nine bucks savings on socks is nine bucks in the pocket.

However

What Walmart buys from the same vendor is not the same product sold in other stores. I know this first hand. I made equipment that automatically sewed bathmats. The walmart "recipe" for these bathmats had thinner backing,less dense nylon pile and lower quality yarn,less stitches per inch etc. My equipment had "recipes" for Macy's,J C Penny's, Kohls and others. There is a huge difference in quality. The company I worked for made 100's of other pieces of automation and we had recipes for most garment and textile products carried by Wal mart.

I always wondered how much manufacturing would be left in the US if the Walmarts of the world didn't dictate how to make the product. Years ago manufacturers made a product and presented it to retail buyers. It's reversed now. Retailers go to the manufacturers and tell them what they want and what they want to pay. In order to compete the shift to off shore began.

I lost the most favorite job I ever had, January 2008 because of this trend. Walmart was in the lead on telling mfg's what to make and how much to charge. Other retailers followed suit.

#32 ·
So, Aim, If Paul's skivs start creeping up into his crack, you'll know why....

#33 ·
The walmart "recipe" for these bathmats had thinner backing,less dense nylon pile and lower quality yarn,less stitches per inch etc. My equipment had "recipes" for Macy's,J C Penny's, Kohls and others.
Private Label - we do it here. We made a Kodak product for years and years and it went out under their label.

HA HA, Dan! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.