Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find what I wanted in the stores. So I had this one built. My younger son gets a work discount with HP....so he saved my some money. I wanted another Sony but they did not make what I wanted.
What do you think?

Item description Product # Qty. 1
HP Pavilion Elite m9400t customizable Desktop PC
• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
• Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q6700 (2.66GHz)
• 6GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x2048,2x1024)
• 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS [DVI, VGA, HDMI]
• 1TB RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA HDDs) - performance
• LAN port on system board (10/100/1000Base-T), no wireless LAN
• LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
• 16x max. DVD-ROM
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, 1394, audio
• No TV Tuner w/remote control
• Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
• Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student Edition 2007
• Norton Internet Security(TM) 2009 - 15 month
• Adobe(R) PhotoShop(R) Elements 7
• Upgrade to Cyberlink DVD Suite Premium
• HP stereo speakers (2.0)
• HP multimedia keyboard and HP optical mouse
• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
Estimated build date: January 9, 2009

HP w2207h 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Like I know what the heck some of this means. But I have the space in my family room so I got another desktop. Of course none of the programs I bought are compatable with Vista...so I guess I will be saving money to get some more programs.

I probably will just get a laptop next Christmas. :happy:

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Ooooh.. quad core.. that's hot!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That's a screaming machine, Georgie!

There is a place in Vista where you can tell it to run programs like XP. I think it's in the Control Panel. Anyway, it should run all your programs just fine.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
6 GB of ram?! :surprise: That's going to be a FAST computer!! :yes:

Building is really the way to go if you are going to use a desktop... you can get everything you want and then some. :happy: Unfortunately laptops are not that easy!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

Looks like you've got a winner there mate. The quaddie is a decent cpu and will keep things moving pretty quickly, the extra ram will help when playing about with home-movies and large photos and the graphics card is a beauty (One of my mates reckons its a good balance between outright performance while not costing both arms and a leg)

Enjoy it.

Cheers,

Pottsie

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much everyone. As all of you know , I am not a computer expert. But along time ago someone told me to get the most memory you can afford. ( I think that's what is was) :laugh: I do alot of stuff with photos & would like to make some movies of the girls at their hunt tests...so I feel good that this will be fine.

There was nothing wrong with my Sony, it still works, but it is old, only has 512 MB DDR & 80 GB. I had trouble installing software that came with my knew camera. Plus I could never install Service Pak 2 that I was supposed to. I think that was causing a problem.
I am sure you folks know what I am talking about....cause I don't.
That for you thoughts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts