Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen this? Kirstie Alley. Another Jenny Craig commercial. Ho-hum. But!

She's on the phone with Jenny Craig's people. Says "no, I'm not fat again." "But my friend, Valerie Bertinelli is!" :eek: And out comes Valerie. I actually paused the commercial and called my husband in. Who stood there with his jaw dropping also.

Not because Valerie gained a few. It was just so...distasteful to watch. If Jenny Craig works, then go for it. But why publicly? Do you really need the money that bad?

(Maybe it bothers me so much because Valerie Bertinelli was my "girl-crush" growing up!)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I agree! I saw a segment on one of those entertainment shows about it - very distasteful.

I think I'm more disappointed that Valerie Bertinelli would lower herself to the standards of Kirstie Alley than anything.

G

·
I haven't seen it but as a "bigger girl" myself I hate it when anyone calls themselves or anyone else "fat". I heard a couple of little 3 and 4 year olds say they were fat and then call some adults fat this past week and I about came uncorked. I told them that they weren't fat and that fat was not a nice word to say about anyone.

I cannot believe that they would use that, even as a joke. There's a difference between telling the truth and flat out being mean. Dang.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Valerie is on the cover of People with a heading like "Time to Get Slim!" I've had a lifetime of weight issues, and I always cringe when people 'out' themselves this way. It doesn't always work -- Winona Judd on Oprah??? I do hope she is successful, because I've always liked her from my tween days.

It's always hard for me to understand this need for publicity...

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
On the front of People magazine they have her wearing a freakin mumu like she's so big she can't find real clothes. She's a size 14, not a 28.

Not sure about the need to go public, either. She doesn't need the money. Get yourself a personal trainer and a nutritionist and lose the weight. When I lost weight I sure didn't want to do it with the whole world watching.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I saw it this morning for the first time. I didn't think she looked overweight. As a matter of fact, I thought Kirstie still looked bigger than her.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Yeh, sort of stupid; plus it looks like they dressed her to make her look larger than she really is. Heck the average woman is a size 14! ::)

that's like that other commercial that says "I was a size 10 and now I'm a size 4"! Geez!! ::)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
zoezoe said:
Yeh, sort of stupid; plus it looks like they dressed her to make her look larger than she really is. Heck the average woman is a size 14! ::)

that's like that other commercial that says "I was a size 10 and now I'm a size 4"! Geez!! ::)
I am average. I actually weight 195 pounds, but no one thinks that I weigh that much. I know I weight that much and that I need to lose weight, but I don't need someone on a commercial saying that someone in the same size clothing that I am in fat. You are calling me fat? I don't think I am fat (usually), I am just over weight. (Losing by the way). Media these days. Scare tactics I suppose. Make the women sitting on the couch eating bonbons feel like crap so they will call Jenny and spend 10 thousand dollars that they don't have to "lose weight". Bleh.

G

·
rorybaby said:
Melissa said:
I think calling a size 14 fat isn't going to do Jenny Craig any favors.
I agree. I bet a lot of people are miffed about that and will look into NutriSystem instead!
Having done both, Jenny Craig is way better. I did not like Nutrisystem's food at all. :-X
Although I dont condone their commercials, Jenny Craig has been the only diet I have been successful at.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts