Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were on the waiting list for what looked like a really great fit for us - and no black females :(

John has his heart set on black (I can't blame him, Jake *had* to be yellow), so we're back to looking. We had also looked at a 4 yo at our local rescue, but she's been pulled off petfinder. ::sigh::

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. We were on the list with our breeder for a black female last year & there was 1 black male & all the others were yellow. I am not going to get my hopes up again. I have seen one of the yellow females from that litter & she is doing great with her training. But I had my heart set on another black. Next time.....I may change my mind. :)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Aww, that's got to be disappointing. Before we put our deposit on our little boy I kept having dreams there was never a male yellow to be found. I would have been so disappointed.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Aw man, I'm sorry. :( That stinks. I agree, keep checking with the local rescues and at the shelters. A lot of times there are Labs that go so fast that they don't even get put onto PetFinder, so it might be more successful to go into the shelter. I know that's hard, but who knows!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone :) I am having some chocolate and trying to get psyched up for emailing breeders and rescues again (no offense to either, it can just be exhausting trying to keep everyone straight!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts