Registered
3,479 Posts
well, you start drinking the vile witches brew in the late afternoon
it will take more than a few sojourns down the hall, all told maybe 4-5 hours

the actual procedure, with the modern scopes, is nothing
you get a little goofy juice and all is right with the world

getting that slop down the night before is way worse

whispers "invest in some baby wipes"
My mum has another one scheduled next week. She has Crohns so she has to have them on a regular bases. She is so upset she has to drink the whole gallon of stuff this time as the last few times it was just a couple cups of another drug. Come to find out they pulled it from the market just after her last scope because it was causing kidney failure.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am having my first one tomorrow...drank the gallon of Gavilyte and thought I was going to DIE! I seriously didn't think I was going to get it all down...had my first drink at 4...finished at 8...gagged on every glass from 4:30 on...(didn't kick in until 7:30 - thought it was going to kick in much earlier)...it is now 9:45 and my ass is KILLING me!!! Been a long time fan of babywipes but right now, they are actually REALLY hurting...wondering how much longer I have :(

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
lmao . Hang in there . Are you goin in early ? Thats the only thing I would do diff . Mine was after noon time . I was feeling pretty bad by then .

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My appt was originally supposed to be around 11:30...I thought I might have a problem and be hungry in the morning but I was happy thinking I had PLENTY of time to "clean out"...the doctor called this morning and moved it up to 9:00AM...I started at 4 so hopefully I won't have a problem...this is definitely one of those things that is really funny - if it is happening to someone else...

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
In my opinion early is better . Because from not eating plus all the cleaning out , your weak as hell the later it is . Just my humble opinion .

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to agree with you on that one...first - I am ALWAYS hungry so the morning is tough for me without coffee or breakfast...second, the anticipation will drive me nuts...the ONLY thing I would worry about is the whole "clean out" thing...sorry to be gross!!

I will be SOOO happy 24 hours from now!! (I hope!)

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
well, you start drinking the vile witches brew in the late afternoon
it will take more than a few sojourns down the hall, all told maybe 4-5 hours

the actual procedure, with the modern scopes, is nothing
you get a little goofy juice and all is right with the world

getting that slop down the night before is way worse

whispers "invest in some baby wipes"
What he said. The Prep is worse than the actual procedure. I drank CLean-Prep. It tasted like plastic. I drank 4 litres or attempted to. I threw the last 1/2 litre back up. Nope. There were pills in addition but no pills only option for me. Mine was last June..........

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the gallon, THEN the pills! Double whammy!! My drink didn't include Gatorade...I probably could have stomached that...

The good news...someone posted a thread the other day about a recipe for "cracker brittle"...I figured since I knew this was coming I would make the most of it and made that recipe this weekend...WOW, it was GOOD!!! Not something I could normally eat (I try to eat healthy and work out...a snack that involves 2 sticks of butter tends not to fall into that category)...anyway, I am so grateful for this board! LOL

Thanks again for the responses!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.