Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've all got labs of different colours - but what do people think is the best collar colour for a black lab? Rocksy started off with red (seems to be a popular choice for the blacks), then went to dark green, and yesterday we put a pink collar on her that a friend gave us as a gift.
It actually looks really sweet - and hopefully people we meet on walks will stop referring to her as "him" from now on!
Think I might move on to yellow next, when the sun comes out in the summer!

Does anyone else rotate collars for their pups? Or am I just a bit sad like that?! ;D
Opinions welcome from yellow and chocolate owners too...

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I like purples on my black girl and light pinks on my chocolate girl, but both of their "fancy" collars are brown leather.

Here's my girls is their puppy collars :)

Piper

Puzzle

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Purple or pink can be very stunning on a black dog.

·
Registered
282 Posts
In my area, almost every black lab I see has either blue or red collars, which now makes me wonder, were any of them girls?? Our black lab mix started out with a red collar, but later on everything was blue. Now our little yellow girl has everything purple. I like the idea about changing collars, my little Madison would look really cute wearing one that sparkled. ;D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who worries about collar fashion!
Rocksy looks gorgeous in a pink collar, I would definitely recommend all you black (female) lab owners get one for your pup.
Purple looks lovely on a yellow lab!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Rocksypup said:
I know we've all got labs of different colours - but what do people think is the best collar colour for a black lab? Rocksy started off with red (seems to be a popular choice for the blacks), then went to dark green, and yesterday we put a pink collar on her that a friend gave us as a gift.
It actually looks really sweet - and hopefully people we meet on walks will stop referring to her as "him" from now on!

Does anyone else rotate collars for their pups? Or am I just a bit sad like that?! ;D
As "him" :mad: yeah I know I get that alot too...so I order this pink one with a playboy bunny in crystals, and crystals around it so people know! ;D

·
Registered
19 Posts
My pup Harrison (black lab) has a blue color on right now - although we put bandanna's on him to "dress" him up. Today, he has a football bandanna! There are some really neat collars out there - try checking a local pet Boutique. They have different stuff besides the "standard" pet store variety.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I don't rotate collars, but I prefer light colors on dark dogs and dark colors on light dogs. As my four are dark colored, I have one wearing red, one in blue, one in green and one in tartan. If I had a yellow Lab I would go for something dark -- something like Crimson or a deep blue.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
I like pink, purple, blue and red on Emma. Bright colors. Since she is such a girly-girl I like girly colors on her.

But I also like brown leather on her.

The only color I can think of she wouldn't fit in is really yellow.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a black boy, and we started with red, but now I like him in black leather. If I had a girl, I would DEFINITELY do pink! That is so fun!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
My husband likes the red on our black girl, but I found it's so popular of a color too!
I rotate between the red & a black on with white paws (my husband hates this one, but I love the way the white paws stand out on her) I do like all the purple/lavender colors though, might have to add another one to the collection.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a yellow lab and he has everything red. It suits him so well and I can’t imagine him in any other colour. I am thinking of getting another yellow female lab and I think it should be blue but my family says it should be a pink collar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts