Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That flavored stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was making coffee this morning, I was just wondering what you guys do.
I grind my beans at home, and a bit of cream and sugar.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I like the flavored, instant coffee best.

At work, I drink whatever they made and I put cream and a tiny bit of sugar in it. Our coffee at work sucks though. :p I need to bring my instant in!

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
whole bean and I drink it with Half/Half, no sugar.

I like Green Mountain's Dark Magic and Lake and Lodge the best, but I buy Starbucks bean in the grocery if it is on sale.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
We grind just enough beans every morning. Oh, and I LOVE Dunkin Donuts coffee beans. :)

I drink my coffee with just milk.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Anne said:
Oh, and I LOVE Dunkin Donuts coffee beans. :)
I drink my coffee with just milk.
I buy D'N D coffee 2 lbs at a time. I use half n half. I cannot force myself to drink anything else. When we were living in North Georgia, Dunkin' Donuts hadn't quite made it's way that far south. We would drive to Cleveland, TN to purchase coffee. We also had my daughter ship us 4 lbs a month.

Starbucks has nothing on Dunkin' Donuts. Starbucks tastes burnt.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I usually just but a weeks worth of beans and grind them each morning. Sometimes I get the coffeee shop to do it too. I am beginning to experiment a bit with roasting my own beans. I take 2 milk in mine (on a rare occaision black, but the coffee has to be reeeeally good)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
labs4life said:
When we were living in North Georgia, Dunkin' Donuts hadn't quite made it's way that far south. We would drive to Cleveland, TN to purchase coffee. We also had my daughter ship us 4 lbs a month.

Starbucks has nothing on Dunkin' Donuts. Starbucks tastes burnt.
Ha! We did the same thing when we lived in Fl. There WAS a DD a few hours from us, and in a pinch, we would make that drive. However, we usually had friends ship the beans to us.

Oh, and Starbucks (IMHO) has nuthin' on Dunkin Donuts. ;)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I buy Millstone whole beans (Hazelnut cream, mostly decaf with a little regular) and I grind beans about every other day. I use French Vanilla creamer.
I can't wait for the summer with my Columbian iced coffee :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
We buy already ground coffee, right now we have Folgers French Roast and I make it on the strong side. We started making our own home made type lattes. Don't have the espresso machine, just use the regular coffee pot, heat some milk and add in some flavoring. Oh... and then you put the reddi-whip on top. ;D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Fresh beans, grind at home, most often buy 2.5 lb lacks of Millstone at Sam's for regular use, straight run beans, no blends, no foo foo's either. Starbucks, way over priced for the quality, like many things a name that means nothing anymore, the remannents of something that was good at one time, took over by corperate bean counters.

Favorite coffee, Kenya AA from The Mill, a local place that roasts in house and has been around for over 30 years. The best coffees come from places you can walk in and talk to the roaster if you need to. Those kind have pride in their work.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I made a mistake on the poll - I hit "just black", but I really meant a little 2% milk. SU and I love coffee, but are always trying to "cut down". I only try to drink "good coffee", that tastes good to me - no old coffee, no coffee that's too strong, etc. Hate the flavored stuff, and even though I am a sugar addict with everything else - don't want any in my coffee! We buy Starbucks brand to use at home, all different kinds, but I can't drink it from the stores because they make it way too strong. We sometimes grind our own, but usually just buy regular ground and make it up in the Mr Coffee. :)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I use a Senseo with the coffee pods....with milk and splenda, sometimes creamer.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Starbucks, Espresso Christoph or The Grind... I didn't know you could make coffee at home :p

Usually I get Chai... but other times I'll get a turtle mocha ;)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I like really good black coffee. A friend of mine brings me coffee from Honduras when she's on mission trips that I love. I also like Douwe Egberts dark roast, and I like Dunkin' Donuts coffee, can't stand Starbucks though. I'll by flavored whole beans from The Fresh Market, but I don't like the flavored syrups that you pour into coffee.
I love teas too!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I get the 7-11 house brand. It's all ready ground. It doesn't stay in the house long enough to get stale. I use sugar and fat free french vanilla creamer.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I don't actually drink coffee, just a couple of sips. I do prepare my partner's morning coffee and she has a very strict formula for her cup. 7, yep 7, heaping scoops of home ground Starbucks EXTRA Bold beans, right now it's Gold Coast. Then, only add enough water to go to the 4.5 cup line. Yes, that's 7 heaping to 4.5 cups of water :eek: Then, 5 small scoops of sugar. Add coffee to 20 oz mug, then top off with half and half.

B

·
0 Posts
I would prefer to grind my own beans but haven't done that consistently...probably will now though since I have a proper kitchen!

I get Starbucks mild in the coffee machines here at work but they don't brew right and it ends up tasting yucky. I can't remember what brand of beans at the store I like but they rock.

I like half & half and splenda in mine if I'm drinking at home. At work I just use splenda.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
My "travel kit" just add wood and a match. ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts