Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was laying out in the sun over the weekend on a nice thick foam pad that we have. Laying on my tummy on the back deck when a bird (tufted titmouse) flew up on the deck rail, looked at me, hopped to the other rail, then off to the rooftop. A minute later it flew back and LANDED ON THE BACK OF MY HEAD! I thought that maybe it wanted some of my hair to make a nest with. Then I hoped that it wouldn't poop on my head! It stayed there a little while, then hopped off and looked at me again and flew off. A minute later it came back and landed about a foot from my face and stared at me with it's little beady black eyes. I finally talked to it and asked it if it wanted some of my hair to make a nest and it flew away. Wasn't expecting that! 8)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
DOH! That's cute stuff.

I have a Mockingbird that flies over to my gutter, on top of my head and leans over (crow squawk) to remind me that it's time for breakfast. I feed him and his wifey poo a slice of whole wheat bread every day. The remainder of the day, he stays on the back fence and around that area.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shana - that's so cool! I love Mockingbirds - we have one in the yard that seranades us in the evening with it's prowess at bird calls. We also have a hummingbird feeder on the porch and those little suckers buzz us all the time. I'm going to find a little feeder we can hold in our hands - I'm sure they'll come right up to us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts