Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We stood there and watched as the trainer and her helpers went and helped with all the other dogs..
We had 9 dogs including Jacey I think.. Jacey was the only lab :eek: . Last year I think there was close to 6..
We train puppies in an enclosed basketball thinggie at one of the parks here.. We have play time to start off with and let the doggies sniff eachother and all that good stuff.. Jacey shocked me.. She wasn't afraid of the other dogs but really wasn't sure of them.. She was more intrested in the kids who climbed the 12ft fence around the basketball thinggie. They were standing on top of the basketball hoop :eek: . They were told to leave and all that good stuff.
we talked and learned 4 things. Sit, Down, Stand, and corrections. Jacey can and will do all of them but will only hold her Sit. Right now I shouldn't worry about that (but I am going to anyway).
Jacey and I really did more standing and listening to other people and donating treats than anything else since shes already doing everything.
My mother sat and watched the class and one of the trainer helper people sat and talked to my mom during class. She thinks I am doing a very good job(thank you very much!). She also talked to my mom about me looking into training "Helper" dogs. I have always wanted to attempt to train a dog for seeing eyes.. Maybe this is my chance??
The trainer talked to me after class and she said she was very pleased with Jacey and I. She has a new puppy and isn't anywhere close to being up with Jacey and I :eek: .
I was very pleased with the class I am sure we will have one lady drop out.. She doesn't want to make her dog listen. Hes full grown and she is being a friend not a boss ::) . One of the trainer helpers was in training and helping with her dog and she gave a correction and the dog gave a small cry (Okay I was standing right there and I didn't hear it). The lady who she was talking to freaked out. She had to explain it didn't hurt the dog just stunned the dog. Then they talked about a prong collar.. I looked over and saw the look on her face and I stepped in and explained it doesn't hurt that I have used one and tried it on my arm before using it.. I really hope she sticks the class out. I think it will be good for both her and the dog!!

The only thing I can say that went wrong is I forgot to change into comfy clothes before I left the house :-\ Next week Ill reamember to change!!

Jacey is asleep in her crate... She ate dinner went out and then crashed. :-* sweet baby

Maybe I can get pictures next week.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
WAY TO GO Jacey! It sounds like you both had a great night!
LabMommyKathryn said:
My mother sat and watched the class and one of the trainer helper people sat and talked to my mom during class. She thinks I am doing a very good job(thank you very much!). She also talked to my mom about me looking into training "Helper" dogs. I have always wanted to attempt to train a dog for seeing eyes.. Maybe this is my chance??
You should go for it!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am so proud of my little monster. When we train its very go go go.. None of this waitting stuff. She was sitting there just looking at me like.... This is NOT training... If you are not going to do this give me the **** bag of hotdogs and I will train myself lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts