Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in law school but am set to begin my master's in health administration as well in the fall.

I got my schedule for the fall two days ago and flipped out. I have class on Mondays from 6-10 pm (no big deal), and class on Thursdays from 6-10 pm.

The issue is Tuesdays though. The MHA classes are from 8-12, 1-3:30, and there are four or five tuesdays during the semester from 4-5:30. Then my law classes are from 6-10.

I really have a problem with that Tuesday schedule for several reasons - 1) class for close to 14 hours is not conducive to any learning 2) it's stupid to have no class Wed/Friday and a marathon day Tuesday and 3) What about Gabby? I need to be able to leave, pick her up from daycamp and get back to school.

I talked to the director of the joint degree program and she said, theyre not going to let you play with the schedule (on either side of the dual degree), you're trapped, suck it up.

I sent an email to the MHA people basically saying that I have some concerns about the schedule and that I had some ideas - I sent it to the student services dean and the director of the MHA. I got an email back from the MHA person saying I misled him in thinking it was a full time program and that i should have understood it was non-negotiable. He goes on for two pages calling me difficult, saying that I misled and it sounds like I'm not interested in the program and shouldn't be in it.

I really wanted to do this program, but I may not if it's going to be this idiotic the whole time. Am I being stupid? Do I just need to suck it up and do the Tuesdays?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
That sucks. I can't tell you what to do but that would be tough on anyone. Depending on how bad you wanted the degree I would probably suck it up and just do it. If it's only 4-5 days during the semester that are really all day I would try to make advance plans for Gabby to be with a friend or something those days.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
That sucks but I think it's suck up time. It's not that many total days. Think of it as practice; there are going to be lots of long days once you get all those degrees done and get into the working part of it.

I'm impressed with the dual degree. When I was going to law school the very thought of that would have sent me over the edge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts