Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We noticed him favoring the leg over the weekend and figures he tweeked it climbing out of a snowbank. Monday he was still limping a bit so we took him in to the doc. He was so excited at the vet that he wasn't favoring the leg or anything while we were there.

We pointed out to the doc that his left 'knee cap' seemed much bigger than the right. She pulled, twisted, pinched, massaged and everything else and he did not react. She x-rayed the knee and saw nothing out of the oridnary there.

As soon as we get home from the vet he's limping again and we notice that the left leg is kind of spasming a little. Like if you a have a twitchy eye or something. It's not continuous but it happens every so often.

SU went back to the vet today and showed her video of the twitch and told he was still limping. She was going to do some research and get back to us.

At the moment it seems to bother us more than him, but I wish I knew what the heck is up. Do we wait and see? We really like our vet and trust them, but...

Here is a pic of each knee and a very short vid of the twitch.

The pics are blurry sorry. The vid you can hear his foot on the paper more than you can see it.

Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.

Normal Knee

Big knee

Twitchy Vid

·
Registered
48 Posts
Knee problem

When we adopted Riley he had a torn ACL (I think thats what it's called). We had to have surgery done on his knee and it seems like he still limps and favors his bad leg. They ex-rayed and can find nothing but he still limps often. Seems like after he lays on it a while it is difficult to get going. Wish he could talk to me. Sometimes though, he gets up and goes like crazy and it seems like nothing is bothering him.
Hope you are able to find out whats wrong.

·
Registered
927 Posts
From your picture, I am seeing the Achilles (Hock) area. Belle's is larger on one side than the other from being a Frisbee leaper. She had tendinitis of the Achilles and was splinted for 8 weeks. She is now walking and running and seems to be better. When diagnosed she was limping and not walking on it.

Hope this helps.
Ginny

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
That looks like the Hock, and that looks like Rookie's hock after he was diagnosed with OCD. I'd get to an otho vet for an opinion.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the insight and well wishes. He is doing better today. He isn't favoring the leg as much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts