Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does your city (town, village, etc) charge for your yearly dog tags?

For Tuck, who is neutered and microchipped, it's only $15. After Feb 28, I think that goes up to $35.

For a neutered/spayed, but with no microchip it is $25.

I just got Tucker's today. ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You mean for their license? WOW, that's alot!!! Our are $9 each for spayed/neutered, $11 if not.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
$9.50 if spayed/neutered. $50 if not.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
We don't need a license here. Dogs are required to have their rabies shot though (which means they have to have all their shots). The rabies are $30 for 3 year vaccines or $15 for one year (at our vet at least). If the dog doesn't have proof if vaccination (if they happen to bite anyone/another animal), there's HEAVY fines involved.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
For a city dog license it's $10 (altered) $30 (unaltered). I don't think it's required though, at least I hope not. Neither of our girls are licensed, but they do have their rabies tags and certificates.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Our fees are $19/35/49 for a 1/2/3-year license for a spayed/neutered dog. For an intact dog, it's $36/69/98.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Registration Fees

Regular dog or cat: $30
Spayed/Netered dog or cat: $15
Senior Citizens (age 55+) with a dog or cat: $15 per animal
There is a late charge of $10 after January 31, 2008
There is no fee to register personal assistance/service dogs with a valid certificate.
Please note that proof of spaying/neutering is required for the reduced fee.

Fine = $105

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
$31 for spayed/neutered, $50 for not. And it's a yearly fee. Sucks. When we lived in Mississauga, if your dog was spayed/neutered, you paid only once and got a lifetime tag.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
5 years ago the ciy stopped issuing dog licenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't enforce it?????????????????

Duh!

Rabies shots still required, but unless dog bites someone it goes ignored.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
$10 for an intact male.
$2 to do the transaction online and receive the tag in the mail.

So it costs me $12/yr for Wes.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Last year our village stopped charging for dog tags and instead increase the vehicle sticker fee!
That we do have! Ours is expensive too. My 3 year old car was $325 last year, and hubby's 20 year old truck was $30 this year. His truck isn't so bad, but the car hurts when it's due.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
No city licenses here, but we do have to have county dog licenses. For 2009, unaltered dogs are $8.00 per year, altered are $6.00.

When I got Lexi 4 years ago, I was able to get her a "Lifetime License" since she is micro-chipped. That cost me $31.00. It is great since I don't have to worry about renewing & in one more year, I will break even on it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I'm in the same city at Jefferson'n'Ted I just got Zeus's it was $9.50 since he's fixed. They just raised it I think it used to be $9 for fixed and $35 for unaltered pets but when they passed the new dog laws they upped it. I know only like 15% of the city's dogs are licenced though so it's such a joke they can't inforce.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Zoe was $7 for a spayed female. She is microchipped but that didn't make a difference in the cost. After March 1st it's $30. I think for unaltered dogs the cost is $30 regardless.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts