Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mum gets her home after doggie daycare and Cinnamon gets out of the van via the drivers door. She didn't want to wait for mum to open the slider. In her hurry to get into the house Cinnamon tried to squeeze between the van door and the garage wall and knocked the door closed catching the tip of her tail. Mum said she yelped and screamed in pain, she got the door open within a couple of seconds but it seemed like forever. The checked her tail when she got in the house and it looked fine. I checked it throughly when I got home and she has no cuts and doesn't react to my touching it so I guess we were lucky and dodged the bullet on that one.

And she had had probably the best day ever at doggie daycare. The new owners have installed sprinklers and an in ground pool that goes from 6 inches deep to 3 feet deep. They also put in a misting system and it was on. Because of our dry heat they lower the temp about 15 degrees. Now a couple of the misters really spray water and Cinnamon's favorite thing in the whole world is the lawn sprinklers. I guess she spend the last 2 hours at daycare running through them and in the pool. Then she came home and hurt herself.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Poor Cinnamon! At least the memory of her injured tail will be diminished by her wonderful day at day care. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Poor Cinnamon. And after such a good day at doggy day care too!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Owie Cinnamon!! Hope your tail is feeling better soon!!

What a fun sounding daycare!! Henery wants to go too!! :D

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Oh OW! I hope her tail is feeling better today.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Awwwwwww.....((((((hugs)))))) Cinnamon !! Sorry you got your tail hurt !!

Melissa

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Poor Cinnamon. Hope she wags that hurt right out of her tail.

When we drove up to PA last fall, I was closing the back door after putting Toby in, and he swung around and basically caught his tail right as I let go. Only caught the very tip - probably just hair - since he had no noticible injury upon immediate release and inspection. He did carry on like he was dying for the entire second and a half that it took me to open the door again. I think it hurt a little, but mostly just scared him to have it caught, and when he tried to pull away, it hurt more. Total accident, and no real harm done but I felt really, really bad anyway.

Sounds like an awesome daycare, btw.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts