Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has it? DO you like it? Did you change from it? I have Nextel right now as well as my SU. Ever since they merged with Sprint we are getting dropped calls and are ready to switch. The cingular phones have more options and are MUCH cheaper. It also states excellent coverage at our home. Nextel and Sprint are iffy, though Nextel works great at our home.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I have Cingular and have had it for 9 years. Nothing else I've seen has made me want to switch so I haven't. Rate plans are compareable or better than most. Coverage is good or better than most. I do drop some calls but overall it's better than all the Nextel people people I've seen and it was much better than Verizon at my last apartment. Their phones are cheaper but latley I'm not as happy with the quality they are built cheaper and the quality of the signal isn't as good. I think this is kind of across the market though not just with the Cingular phones.

I've not went over on a bill for years and we don't have a home phone so it's used all the time. We have a shared plan for SU and I for I think it's 500 anytime, free cell to cell, free night/weekends, nationwide service. It's $68/month and it's always within a few pennies.

I have had some issues when making changes to the plan with the billing but they have always been very quick to fix the problem and take it off the bill right away.

Overall I'm pleased and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
I have it. Never had anything else to compare it to but we like it.
No problem with dropped calls. We always buy our Cingular phones at Wal Mart because they are so much cheaper the the Cingular stores.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
We had it for a year, and we had great service in the town where we got it from. We went home, and there is no service out here (it's a small town but we're not exactly in the middle of nowhere). Even at the AFB, there was no service. We switched to Cellular South when our contract expired, and we haven't looked back. We've had service everywhere we've been with them.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
A note to if you do go to it get you phone online from Cingular it's SOOO much cheaper and the exact same phone and you get it in 2-3 days. My phone was almost 1/2 price online when I got it.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I've had for as long long as they've been cingular - no problems.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
My Cingular sucks ass. I have dropped calls all the time. I never had those with Verizon. They are also charging me anytime minutes for in network calls that are supposed to be free.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
We use Cingular and it's usually okay, but there are plenty of dropped calls, depending on the area and how strong the signal is. My son uses Verizon and he loves it. Long ago we had T-Mobil and loved it.

All of the companies have dropped calls in some zones, but I know Cingular works from California and Texas and Vegas all the way here to NY!!

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
It's in the process of changing over to AT&T, so I'm not sure what kind of effect that will have on service - short-term and long-term.

It seems satisfaction varies widely depending on the region. In college, the roads I took and the places I lived, Cingular was by far the best service. In general, I think it has the best coverage in this state. A few years ago, dropped calls were bad, but I haven't had a drop call in a long time (over a year).

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
We had Cingular and I had problems with LOTS of dead zones - especially when out on the freeqays and the Turnpike, exactly where Ineeded it most. It also didn't work in Willis unless I went outside, stood under a certain tree with my left foot raised, and whistled Dixie through a mouthful of crackers. We switched to Verizon and love it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
AmazonGold said:
We had Cingular and I had problems with LOTS of dead zones - especially when out on the freeqays and the Turnpike, exactly where Ineeded it most. It also didn't work in Willis unless I went outside, stood under a certain tree with my left foot raised, and whistled Dixie through a mouthful of crackers. We switched to Verizon and love it.
Thats funny. I have cingualr best one around here. We are in the middle of the country though.

D

·
0 Posts
Had it forever, never had a problem, some of the phones suck that cingular sells. I will never use a sony erickson phone again.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I just asked my husband if we like cingular....bwahahhaa. I never use my cell phone so I can't form an opinion on this by myself. :p

He said, "No."

I said, "Why?"

He said, "They're incredibly expensive."

I said, "Oh."

He said, "Bastards."

I said, "Mmkay."

That's all I got. :p

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bahahahahah Charla LMBO...too funny

Well ****, I am at a crossroads. Not sure what to do. THe MOST important to us is that it works at home. We don't have local service at our home. We want Vonage but the company is ready to file Chapter 11..soooooo we are sitting tight for now.

I dunno..I just DON'T want nextel. I looked at Cingular plans and phones....the plans were the same price as Nextel but the phones were A LOT cheaper and nicer than what Nextel has.....Nextel must be WAY behind in technology.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Do you know someone around there that has cingular and Verizon? Maybe get them to come over and see how their coverage is at your house. The little maps they have of their coverage areas are not always right so I would definatley see how it does for yourself. I think Verizon has the try it for 30 days free thing going on now. I think Cingular has a 30 day return thing too but I'm not sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts