Just Labradors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering (again) a puppy for next year (ish). Puppy fever comes and goes so it's not completely new for me, I seriously considered one last year, but it is coming back more regularly these days and I am ready for a change in my life (and clearly I am planning ahead, not a " i need a change now so I buy a puppy now and regret it type of thing).

Anyhoo, the point:
I will always have a lab I know that. But I am seriously considering having my next pup be...an australian cattle dog. I fostered one for over 2mts last year and fell in love with the breed.

BUT...it's been a year, and I am questioning that thought now. Am I REALLY ready for the intensity of a cattle dog? I don't know anyone I can visit or dogsit for that has one. I never really liked border collies (not that they are bad dogs, just NOT for me) so was I really just in love with my foster? And I was able to get a break from him after two months, how could I handle having one for life and as a PUPPY?

How do I decide? heck even when I look within the breeds I am having a hard time finding the right breeder (I really need to get out and VISIT some breeders but it's not like I can just invite myself over LOL!)

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thansk Melissa.

I am looking at BOTh right now. And honestly, I am looking for the same "type" of dog no matter the breed (though knowing the differences between the breeds as well).

Still reading into all the info/links you provided me.

I think the hardest part is making a decision without meeting more of the actual dogs. I need to get my ass to a competition or something and just MEET the dogs and breeders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.